63 Dart front end disc conversion saga

-

Hideogumperjr

Reaction score
Well I got my front end done or so I thought. I installed my 7 1/4" rear end with 10" drums. I got my 14" Rallye wheels sandblasted and powdercoated at Les Schwab for $25 each and new tires.
I installed the tires on the car but found that they were kinda tight going on I thought because the powder coat thickened the stud holes. When I drove the car I found that the wheel weights on the inside of the wheels hit my caliper so I had to pull those off and they no longer hit.
I tried to set the ride height but that seems to be a strange process, I was jacking up the car and adjusting the torsion bar screws but when I dropped the car down the ride height was way different because the wheels were not settled.
I drove the car and then was able to check the height more correctly. I still have not gotten the 2 1/8" suggested but working on it.
The car pulls badly to the right after replacing all front end parts and it turns really hard to the left but easily to the right.
I tried to pull the wheels off to check that everything looked ok there but I cant get the dang wheels off now because the powder coated wheels seem to be stuck on the rotor now, how do I get these off?
Any thoughts on why the car is pulling so badly to the right? No alignment yet? Tires are at right pressure.
Making me a little crazy right now so would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks all, I am missing the sunshine for my convertible.
John

"No alignment yet" would be your answer.

"No alignment yet" would be your answer.

if you removed front end components that are adjustable, good chance they are not perfectly adjusted now. take it in for the alignment, and if something else on the front end was not installed correctly, they should catch that too.

when you said you did the front end, are you talking ball joints etc? or a disc brake conversion? if you have disc setup that might explain your wheel weight clearance issue, but not the ridability and and issues.

if you removed front end components that are adjustable, good chance they are not perfectly adjusted now. take it in for the alignment, and if something else on the front end was not installed correctly, they should catch that too.

when you said you did the front end, are you talking ball joints etc? or a disc brake conversion? if you have disc setup that might explain your wheel weight clearance issue, but not the ridability and and issues.

sorry i see disc conversion in the title:

http://www.moparaction.com/Tech/archive/disc-main.html

relevant excerpt:

Bear in mind, though, that 15" wheels are needed to clear the giant 11.75" rotors (see fig. ** ). If you can't bear to part with your mint 14" rallies, no sweat, we have the cure: Use the "optional" 10.87" HD rotors and adapters shown on the parts list.

-
Back