63 dart rear window

-
Does anyone know if the rear glass from the 64 4 door will work?

63 is all by itself...

I drive a '63 Dart GT convert..so I'm not absolutely positive of sedan parts..but in my years of checking out this car, I'm almost 99% sure that the rear window glass for the '63 Dart sedans are esscentially the same as for '64 sedans. May also be same for Valiant rear windows on Sedan cars. Later models..like '65 & '66 may be a possibility. Mopar never listed glass as any aftermarket parts they serviced, (done by outside shops), therefore not much information from factory parts books to help. '64 & '64 Darts were essentially "Twin cars" with only minor cosmetic changes and minor movement of trim chrome. '64 Was 50th anniversary edition for Dodge Brothers and so noted in center horn trim marked "50 Anniversary Edition" otherwise samey, samey, samey! Good luck in your search for parts..I have found that on eBay (which is really best because it is a window to the world) you should always drop a note to any possible vendor or private owner asking about your specific needs & always include your E-mail addrs for them to reply. Something like: "Note: I ALSO NEED ..................... ..... .....COULD YOU KINDLY PLACE MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IN YOUR FILES & STICK A COPY IN THE BACK OF YOUR WALLET JUST IN CASE YOU RUN ACROSS THE PARTS I'M SEEKING TO FIND. I'LL APPRECIATE YOUR ASSISTANCE." THANKS, Xxxxxx
This type of message has found me several KEY parts for my car..not necessarily cheap, but none the less, I found them. I'm now down to searching for a CONVERTIBLE Windshield Gasket & Glass (Mopar OEM). Glass is same for all '63 but gasket, I'm told, is different for Convertibles???

63 rear windows are way smaller than 64-66. one year only on those babies and NO ONE makes a gasket for it. ask me how i know haha.
i've got both a 63 and a 64 in the driveway for comparison. if you look thru the photo albums on the site i'm sure you find some pics to compare, if not hit me up and i'll take some.
-Tim

I drive a '63 Dart GT convert..so I'm not absolutely positive of sedan parts..but in my years of checking out this car, I'm almost 99% sure that the rear window glass for the '63 Dart sedans are esscentially the same as for '64 sedans. May also be same for Valiant rear windows on Sedan cars. Later models..like '65 & '66 may be a possibility. Mopar never listed glass as any aftermarket parts they serviced, (done by outside shops), therefore not much information from factory parts books to help. '64 & '64 Darts were essentially "Twin cars" with only minor cosmetic changes and minor movement of trim chrome. '64 Was 50th anniversary edition for Dodge Brothers and so noted in center horn trim marked "50 Anniversary Edition" otherwise samey, samey, samey! Good luck in your search for parts..I have found that on eBay (which is really best because it is a window to the world) you should always drop a note to any possible vendor or private owner asking about your specific needs & always include your E-mail addrs for them to reply. Something like: "Note: I ALSO NEED ..................... ..... .....COULD YOU KINDLY PLACE MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IN YOUR FILES & STICK A COPY IN THE BACK OF YOUR WALLET JUST IN CASE YOU RUN ACROSS THE PARTS I'M SEEKING TO FIND. I'LL APPRECIATE YOUR ASSISTANCE." THANKS, Xxxxxx
This type of message has found me several KEY parts for my car..not necessarily cheap, but none the less, I found them. I'm now down to searching for a CONVERTIBLE Windshield Gasket & Glass (Mopar OEM). Glass is same for all '63 but gasket, I'm told, is different for Convertibles???

You wouldn't want to put a little cash on that? JK Typically what the other 63 owners have been doing is using generic window gasket material, available at most glass shops, or JC Whitney. I got lucky on a similar thread and found a guy with an OEM gasket still in the package, it came from Sweeden.

63 rear windows are way smaller than 64-66. one year only on those babies and NO ONE makes a gasket for it. ask me how i know haha.
i've got both a 63 and a 64 in the driveway for comparison. if you look thru the photo albums on the site i'm sure you find some pics to compare, if not hit me up and i'll take some.
-Tim

TIM,
Take a couple of shots of the rear windows and where they differ so that I can get a handle on their difference.. e-mail them to: [email protected].

Any additional information you might know or have about the windshield gasket for my '63 Dart GT convertible will also be appreciated. I've been told that the convert windshield gasket is different than the 170 & 270 sedan and hardtop models but don't know what the difference would be... Also..would you know anyone or anywhere I might find a NOS or RNOS windshield gasket for my '63 GT convertible ? If so, send that along with the photos or a number or e-mail address to contact.
Thanks, BILL-Cols,OH (FABO handle = Homslr)

You wouldn't want to put a little cash on that? JK Typically what the other 63 owners have been doing is using generic window gasket material, available at most glass shops, or JC Whitney. I got lucky on a similar thread and found a guy with an OEM gasket still in the package, it came from Sweeden.

Hey Tincup,
I need to keep my money for what looks like a difficult windshield gasket to find...but will appreciate your help in locating the guy who you believe bought a new gasket from Sweden...like a name, number, e-mail or some way
to reach him for more information. Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks again,
Homslr

BILL-Cols,OH [email protected]

Does anyone know where I can get rear glass for my 63 Dart?

63 is stand alone. I've got one. Where is your location and is it 4 door or 2? :read2:
Please advise & Thanks/good luck!!:cheers:
AND can pull it with the gasket intact! (Hopefully) The 63 rear glass is not as wide as others, and thanks Optik for the lesson!
You know the difference between your 63 glAss & a hole in the ground! LOL!!
Don't worry still have yours on hold!!!!:toothy10:

his profile shows;
Hill City, SD 57745

63 is stand alone. I've got one. Where is your location and is it 4 door or 2? :read2:
Please advise & Thanks/good luck!!:cheers:
AND can pull it with the gasket intact! (Hopefully) The 63 rear glass is not as wide as others, and thanks Optik for the lesson!
You know the difference between your 63 glAss & a hole in the ground! LOL!!
Don't worry still have yours on hold!!!!:toothy10:

Hey Tincup,
I need to keep my money for what looks like a difficult windshield gasket to find...but will appreciate your help in locating the guy who you believe bought a new gasket from Sweden...like a name, number, e-mail or some way
to reach him for more information. Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks again,
Homslr

BILL-Cols,OH [email protected]
Hey Homslr,
The front windshield gasket for my 63 hardtop was availabe brand new and is the same as all the early A's, but I'm not sure about a convertable. Sorry if I mislead you, but I'm the guy who bought the rear window gasket from Sweden.

Are you still looking for a rear window gasket? I kinda built one out of a front windshield gasket I got from a Valiant in the scrap yard. I had to cut sections out of the top/bottom and both sides. Basically using the corners with butt joints in the straight parts. Since I did not have a rear gasket to go by, and this old, used one was free, I saw nothing wrong with trying. It actually turned out better than I had hoped. I can supply photos of the finished product. If I were to do it for rear, and I will once the body is fully restored, I would use a new windshield gasket and glue the cut ends together to make it all one piece. Also, the inside edge has the flange or flashing to cover the end of the headliner. It does look factory.

-
Back