63 Dart?? Swap

-

rj72cda

Reaction score
so what is the base swap, I am thinking low mileage salvage engine, XV kit and trans update has anyone taken this route or is everyone doing the full fuel injection route

so what is the base swap, I am thinking low mileage salvage engine, XV kit and trans update has anyone taken this route or is everyone doing the full fuel injection route

There are all different types of swaps out there. What would you like to do? There is alittle bit of everything in this forum, carbed, efi, 727, and just about everything else.:toothy10:

IMO the XV stuff is expensive, and to toss the fuel injection and coil packs, for a carb and dizzy makes absolutly no sense! Your paying more money to make it run worse and get less mileage, where's the logic in that? If you haven't already, you can check out my buld in member restorations.

I guess i am looking for a more simple build than the EFI job, I can never make up my mind ask my wife

I guess i am looking for a more simple build than the EFI job, I can never make up my mind ask my wife

So what are you looking to do? Low buck stock 5.7L (5.7L swaps arn't low buck but as low as possible) install with a carb and MSD ignition? 727 or 904 trans? It's going to be hard to do in a first gen A body but can be done.

So what are you looking to do? Low buck stock 5.7L (5.7L swaps arn't low buck but as low as possible) install with a carb and MSD ignition? 727 or 904 trans? It's going to be hard to do in a first gen A body but can be done.

Piece of cake on a first gen A. Motor fits like a glove ( an OJ glove!) but it fits. Just check my build. Any questions I would be happy to help.

8)

so is the Gen 3 hemi wider than a Small block ?? or will it just be bigblock tight either way

Tincup it would be easier if you were just in NC i could just look over your shoulder and steal your info i am too slow to read the whole thread

Don't read, just look at the pics----then have someone else read it to you, ha! Tin is doing a great job, so is 67limecrazy. If you decide to go with the 3g hemi's, don't be afraid to ask for help, we will all do the best we can for ya.

Tincup it would be easier if you were just in NC i could just look over your shoulder and steal your info i am too slow to read the whole thread

Well, if you want to take a ride to MA. I would be happy to show you around....

id love the trip to mass if ya dont have to be near I 95 I hate that place. I did study on your setup and i am gonna go with the small block. to much metal working on the sides i think it will be good swap may save the hemi for my newest pickup ha D100 factory 3on the tree going to be 4 in the floor Hurst type build white and gold
maybe "sunrise express" ah who knows

D100's Jan 2010.jpg

-
Back