63 valiant bumper question

-

jeffb

Reaction score
how different is the rear bumper from a 2 door and the wagon? found a bumper off a vert and its looks very similar to my wag bumper, cept its not all twisted like the one on the wagon.

the bumpers are the same from 63 to 65 valiants (all models). with that said. the wagons have different bumper brackets than the non-wagon valiants. so you can use a bumper off any valiant, but dont throw out your brackets. hope that helps.

oh by the way, i found this out because my wagon bumper was pretty trashed, so when i found a replacement bumper, i grabbed the brackets and all. (off a 64 valiant 2 door). when i went to swap bumpers, the 2 door brackets were a different shape and placed the bumper too high, so i just put the new bumper on my old brackets. everything lined up perfect. who woulda thought.

correct!!! for 64 and 65 I can verify that, not sure if 63 has the same bumper as 64/65 though.....
the bumpers are the same from 63 to 65 valiants (all models). with that said. the wagons have different bumper brackets than the non-wagon valiants. so you can use a bumper off any valiant, but dont throw out your brackets. hope that helps.

-
Back