63 Valiant rear bumper shape?

-

B-i-n-g-o

Reaction score
Is a 63 Valiant rear bumper straight across the back, or does it V towards the car at the license plate brow? We got Mabel (63 Valiant Signet 200 convertible) home today. Too late to get decent pictures, I'll try tomorrow! I had noticed gaps between the rear bumper end wrap and the side spears, just figure it needed tightening/adjustment, because the bumper looks to be in VERY GOOD shape, but the few minutes I spent on it, it seemed tight, so wondering what I'm missing. Not like she is, or ever will be, show quality, but we want her to look as good as she can, while we drive it everywhere!

Thanks,
Steve

Pretty much straight across. 63 Valiants have different front bumpers than 64-65, but the rear bumpers are the same all three years. (Then different front and rear for 66)

DSCF0013.jpg

Thanks! Yeah, something up with mine, then. Also red, but red interior, white top. And Mabel, pretty as she is, not near as pretty as that one! :)

Thx, a black interior was not available in 63. 64 and later yes, 63 no. I didn't find that out until just a few of years ago. Original color on mine was gray with blue interior.

Photo of my long gone 63. Rear bumper shot for you.

IMG_0209.jpg

-
Back