'63 Valiant V200 wagon - heater blower removal

-

shortmort37

Reaction score
I'd like to remove mine for servicing. Is it possible to remove it from the engine compartment - or, (*gulp*) can it only be detached by first removing the heater assembly? Asking for a friend. :rolleyes:

I'd like to remove mine for servicing. Is it possible to remove it from the engine compartment - or, (*gulp*) can it only be detached by first removing the heater assembly? Asking for a friend. :rolleyes:
THe whole box must be removed. There's no gulp involved. It's a 15 minute job to remove the box with hand tools. Unless it has A/C then it's "a little" more involved. THere are the four nuts under the hood around the motor, two hoses, one or two fasteners inside and three cables to remove. A child can do it. Do you have a factory service manual? If not, I highly recommend one.

THe whole box must be removed. There's no gulp involved. It's a 15 minute job to remove the box with hand tools. Unless it has A/C then it's "a little" more involved. THere are the four nuts under the hood around the motor, two hoses, one or two fasteners inside and three cables to remove. A child can do it. Do you have a factory service manual? If not, I highly recommend one.
Yes, I do have the service manual; I was hoping I read it wrong. A couple other steps - drain some coolant, remove the defroster tubes, remove the radio to get to the cables... Prolly some other steps. 15 minutes? A child can do it? OK.

Of course, I can do all these things. But given the size of the heater motor seal retainer plate, it would have been possible to design the cowl with an opening that would permit you to remove the motor/blower wheel assembly WITHOUT having to remove the entire heating system. This is true of other vehicles I've worked on.

Just venting, 'sall. Thanks for the confirmation about what's required.

Of course, I can do all these things. But given the size of the heater motor seal retainer plate, it would have been possible to design the cowl with an opening that would permit you to remove the motor/blower wheel assembly WITHOUT having to remove the entire heating system. This is true of other vehicles I've worked on.
LMAO!

-
Back