63 Valiant Wagon interior is getting wet

-

Limedust70

Reaction score
I bought a 63 Valiant wagon a couple of months ago. It was missing the drivers window and has lots of sealant around the windshield gasket. Divers window was covered with plastic during the first rains. Then covered the windshield and divers window with plastic so rain couldn't get to either of them. Pulled the soaking wet carpet this weekend and dried the floor. Checked it today & again had standing water. The only place I can think of water getting in is through the cowl vent area. Any ideas?

It looks like something has been leaking for a while since there are a couple of patches on the driver & passenger floors.

most likely a combination of rust holes in the cowl around the fresh air boxes and wiper pivot seals. if its going to sit outside, just make sure you cover the whole thing with a tarp or water will get in.

Look's like all was answered :happy10:

Thank you all. I have started by making sure the cowl/wipers are covered. More rain due tomorrow & this weekend. Hopefully I'll get the vents out this Sunday (wife's birthday) and start checking from there.

mine

wagon 007.jpg

wow, a 2 door. those are hard to find hehe. actually thats about the 4th ive seen that has been made into a 2 door. nice job.

Checked the interior today & had a small puddle in the rr passenger foot well. Everything up front was dry. Tells me I have some work to do on the wipers & cowl. Any ideas on the source of the leak in the rear seat area?

Could be the seal around the door, the windown not being closea all the way, or the water isn't draining out the botton of the door that gets down inside the door and is coming inside the car thru the holes in the door.

Pretty sure the windows are closed. Any of the others could be a problem and will need to be checked. Thanks.

I have the glass just haven't gotten around to putting it in yet. I'm more worried about seal/gasket availability. Have a new windshield gasket, same status as the glass. Will need the rear cargo area side glass seals/gaskets.

-
Back