63 valiant wagon rear side glass seals

-

peachykeene

Reaction score
Hey ya'll,

i posted this in another section too but this one may be better

I'm new to this forum.

I'm restoring a '63 Valiant Wagon on my own, and I am having one hell of a time finding rear window gaskets for it. Rear window gaskets/seals, I keep hearing different names. The rubber around the rear windows.

I've fixed the rear quarter panels because they were swiss cheese, and they were swiss cheese because the gaskets that are on it now are in such bad shape. So it'd be dumb to keep the same gaskets on it.

I've tried a few local glass shops here in Portland, OR and I've tried steelerubber.com and a few other sites you get when you google it.

I'll take any suggestions/leads at this point. Help!

heres a picture of the car when i got it too

Attachments

• valiant.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 276
I think blue star spares (sp) an Australian company might be reproducing those-- do some searching on this site-- it has come up before.
Nice looking wagon.
Lawrence

i feel your pain. i also have a 63 wag and ive been searching for a 1/4 panel for three years..havent even got to the point where i need the window gaskets!

I have a couple used pairs around. I have had luck reusing them by soaking them in paint thinner for around a half hour and letting them dry. Once dry, I would wipe them off with soap and water, dry again and then use 3m glass matting adhesive to secure them to the body. Glass mat is what the factory used on windshields. Its like black silicone but never sets up and gets hard. Always stays workable so you are not fighting the clock to reinstall the window and it allows for changes in air temps with expansion as well as body flex. What I found on my wagon (I'll update the thread in the resto dept tonight) is the water would sit on the top of the quarter panel because the pinch weld created a low lying area where the gasket sat. Water would pool up and start eating things.

Charlie

GG-W130, 63-66 A-body stationwagon rear side glass seal, one side only...$159.00.....we have 2 in stock

GG-W131, 63-66 A-body stationwagon rear side glass seal lockstrip, one side only....$49.00....we have 2 in stock

-
Back