64-6 Barracuda rear corners are getting closer!

-

66Dvert

Working on my custom car parts again!
Reaction score
yup, getting a pull and seeing what alterations I need to do to get a good viable part. 1st test came out "okay ish" not quite usable by my standards and showing me some fixes and changes I need to make for crisp cut lines but it's a good start. I'll have to recut the mold and define a few things but once these are perfected I'll move on to the front skinny pieces for the window trim.

20230319_121519.jpg

20230319_121526.jpg

20230319_121530.jpg

20230319_121547.jpg

20230319_121556.jpg

20230319_121618.jpg

yup, getting a pull and seeing what alterations I need to do to get a good viable part. 1st test came out "okay ish" not quite usable by my standards and showing me some fixes and changes I need to make for crisp cut lines but it's a good start. I'll have to recut the mold and define a few things but once these are perfected I'll move on to the front skinny pieces for the window trim.

View attachment 1716065954

View attachment 1716065955

View attachment 1716065956

View attachment 1716065957

View attachment 1716065958

View attachment 1716065959
What material are you using?

What material are you using?
right now it's Hips for UV protection and durability it seems to last longer in the sunlight . I've got some parts that have sat in the Florida sun now going on 5 years with no change (those white pieces on that panels have been out to test how long they live) Not thee side panel just the white pieces screwed to the rain gutter on my side shops roof.

20230312_140643.jpg

Those are going to be awesome!
wait till I can get these done then I'll have the whole set . front , rears and the latch cover I may have to make a resin cast of the fronts though since they are thing and I want them tougher than original.

20210630_151116.jpg

right now it's Hips for UV protection and durability it seems to last longer in the sunlight . I've got some parts that have sat in the Florida sun now going on 5 years with no change (those white pieces on that panels have been out to test how long they live) Not thee side panel just the white pieces screwed to the rain gutter on my side shops roof.

View attachment 1716066008
Bro, if that stuff can shake the sun down here, you got it going on! I'm in Tampa, and the Sun eats all kinda stuff!

The sun here in Wyoming is especially tough on things too. About five thousand feet less atmosphere to block UV than sea level. Wiper blades and rubber/plastic trim are short lived. Really glad to see you are making these things. I had to hunt for some of the parts on my cars for years!

Bro, if that stuff can shake the sun down here, you got it going on! I'm in Tampa, and the Sun eats all kinda stuff!
I'm north about 1 hour or so and yep it's holding up pretty well. it's one of the reasons I went to it even if it happened to have a bit lower tear resistance than the other plastic I like using. but this one paints up better too!

I'm north about 1 hour or so and yep it's holding up pretty well. it's one of the reasons I went to it even if it happened to have a bit lower tear resistance than the other plastic I like using. but this one paints up better too!
That's Some killer Craftsmanship Man! You can probably made a million bucks if you'd have done that back in the 80s/ 90s for all them Cadillacs missing those pieces behind the tail lights! Lol. ( Just a daily Stab at junkrides) I used to ride up to the bike swap meet on the old Harley cafe racer years ago, I'm actually in land o' Lakes now between 54 and 52

I'm a webster exit but actually closer to bushnell than Webster. I'm probably going to ask Waggin if I can test fit since he is about the closest barracuda owner I know of for test fitting. plus I have stuff to bring back to him since doctor has okayed my light work restriction

I'm a webster exit but actually closer to bushnell than Webster. I'm probably going to ask Waggin if I can test fit since he is about the closest barracuda owner I know of for test fitting. plus I have stuff to bring back to him since doctor has okayed my light work restriction
Nice! I hope nothing serious happened! I'm just now getting ready to go back to work myself after a bout w/ double pneumonia... stuff literally about killed me

Nice! I hope nothing serious happened! I'm just now getting ready to go back to work myself after a bout w/ double pneumonia... stuff literally about killed me
something to do with veins in my legs and they roto-rooted em to clean it up(didn't help they had to take my appendix out also at the same time. getting old sucks!

something to do with veins in my legs and they roto-rooted em to clean it up(didn't help they had to take my appendix out also at the same time. getting old sucks!
Oh Man, that is some crazy stuff! I'm only 52, and already not liking it!

Oh Man, that is some crazy stuff! I'm only 52, and already not liking it!
72 this year , luckily only a few thing happening for/to me. and other than those 2 major things ( not counting my motorcycle accident when a drunk ran over me TWICE) I've been pretty healthy

72 this year , luckily only a few thing happening for/to me. and other than those 2 major things ( not counting my motorcycle accident when a drunk ran over me TWICE) I've been pretty healthy
That's a Good Thing! Except the drunk hitting you on a bike! TWICE? What did he do, throw it in reverseb,to try to turn around and help you, and hit you again? I'll be honest, I quit riding inside of Tampa City Limits a Long minute ago. You're out there kind of in the country man, there's no excuse for that, guy must have been plastered, that's horrible!

That's a Good Thing! Except the drunk hitting you on a bike! TWICE? What did he do, throw it in reverseb,to try to turn around and help you, and hit you again? I'll be honest, I quit riding inside of Tampa City Limits a Long minute ago. You're out there kind of in the country man, there's no excuse for that, guy must have been plastered, that's horrible!
that sucker actually drove over me went down the road a bit and while I was trying to get up and off the road. He turned around and got me the other way. Wayyyy over 1.0 blood test even 4 hours after the accident when the cops caught him they said and he claimed he thought he hit a dog. (1976 dressed harley) I didn't find that out till I woke up in the hospital, broke pelvis , plus a bunch of fractured ribs and broken bones. court put him in prison for 5 years because of that. I still ride but not after 6 at night since most boozers are off work or just getting slam dunk drunk and you couldn't pay me to go into a big city (any of them) on my bike.

that sucker actually drove over me went down the road a bit and while I was trying to get up and off the road. He turned around and got me the other way. Wayyyy over 1.0 blood test even 4 hours after the accident when the cops caught him they said and he claimed he thought he hit a dog. (1976 dressed harley) I didn't find that out till I woke up in the hospital, broke pelvis , plus a bunch of fractured ribs and broken bones. court put him in prison for 5 years because of that. I still ride but not after 6 at night since most boozers are off work or just getting slam dunk drunk and you couldn't pay me to go into a big city (any of them) on my bike.
Wow, that's Unreal! What an A$$^-!&!!!! You're still here fer a reason! You still got the same scoot? I'm assuming a Shovel?

Wow, that's Unreal! What an A$$^-!&!!!! You're still here fer a reason! You still got the same scoot? I'm assuming a Shovel?
thanks I hope I stay for a while longer, and no to the bike, it was so tore up it ripped the jugs right off the cases.there was no saving that one but it did save me since it took the worst of it, I do have 1 head (yeah shovel) mounted on the wall to remind me how lucky I was. pictures the cops showed me was parts scattered over 200 feet and all 5 lanes of the road.

thanks I hope I stay for a while longer, and no to the bike, it was so tore up it ripped the jugs right off the cases.there was no saving that one but it did save me since it took the worst of it, I do have 1 head (yeah shovel) mounted on the wall to remind me how lucky I was. pictures the cops showed me was parts scattered over 200 feet and all 5 lanes of the road.
You're Blessed ! Sounds like you're still riding man that's a beautiful thing! I had to stop the restoration of mine (temporarily) due to moving, because of the pneumonia. And the Gal using my truck got to get it back here so I can finish it all I really got to do is torque the heads down adjust them in the cylinder base is torque those down Mount the carburetor pop the gas tank on and go ahead and add some 93 in it, and pop Her off! Every time I fire her up from hibernation (which has happened several times, just to refresh paint) I've owned that bike for over 20 years (and I'm damn lucky not to have been waxed all over the road) she shoots Flames out the pipes! I'm glad you're still with us man that was a horrible accident, I'm not sure 5 years was enough for that that don't even cover your motorcycle really much less the damage to you and your body and the recovery time!

You're Blessed ! Sounds like you're still riding man that's a beautiful thing! I had to stop the restoration of mine (temporarily) due to moving, because of the pneumonia. And the Gal using my truck got to get it back here so I can finish it all I really got to do is torque the heads down adjust them in the cylinder base is torque those down Mount the carburetor pop the gas tank on and go ahead and add some 93 in it, and pop Her off! Every time I fire her up from hibernation (which has happened several times, just to refresh paint) I've owned that bike for over 20 years (and I'm damn lucky not to have been waxed all over the road) she shoots Flames out the pipes! I'm glad you're still with us man that was a horrible accident, I'm not sure 5 years was enough for that that don't even cover your motorcycle really much less the damage to you and your body and the recovery time!
Thanks, I'm lots better now and yeah I still love riding.(don't get to do much since I'm chasing parts for me and my lincoln slabsider addicted boss 4-5 months out of the year) My dart is still in holding pattern since I changed the direction of the engine now /6 rear mount turbo and 12v A/C compressor near the axle hump along with Megasquirt III for the gill welding manifold I want instead of the dual 1bbls I have now, parts are holding me up and I can't blame anyone but myself of the delay since I get distracted say ohhhh I need that part too! hmmm how can I make it?) wife says I'm getting oldtimers disease or CRS can't remember S*** (not Alzheimer's )

0125131526.jpg

Thanks, I'm lots better now and yeah I still love riding.(don't get to do much since I'm chasing parts for me and my lincoln slabsider addicted boss 4-5 months out of the year) My dart is still in holding pattern since I changed the direction of the engine now /6 rear mount turbo and 12v A/C compressor near the axle hump along with Megasquirt III for the gill welding manifold I want instead of the dual 1bbls I have now, parts are holding me up and I can't blame anyone but myself of the delay since I get distracted say ohhhh I need that part too! hmmm how can I make it?) wife says I'm getting oldtimers disease or CRS can't remember S*** (not Alzheimer's )

SWEET DART! I had a 63 back in the 90s.... I can almost Tell as many stories about that car as my ol' 68 Coronet! There's just something about early Darts I really Dig

Parts look awesome!
I had one hell of a time gluing all the pieces back together on my inside corner parts. Painting and filling, and they were still so brittle even after making them nice they broke again.

IMG_3416.JPEG

Parts look awesome!
I had one hell of a time gluing all the pieces back together on my inside corner parts. Painting and filling, and they were still so brittle even after making them nice they broke again.

View attachment 1716067069
that is why I like this new fresh plastic. plus the fact that I'll need all the pieces I'm building when I get to the next car

SWEET DART! I had a 63 back in the 90s.... I can almost Tell as many stories about that car as my ol' 68 Coronet! There's just something about early Darts I really Dig
I've had a 63 Valiant convertible, loved it and got hooked on early A's , (5) 64's Darts(all types) , (5) 65's darts and valiants Miss my wagon the most out of all the 65's and 2 of my favorite ones. the 66 Dart convertible in the last 12 years. still have the 2 66's I'm working on but have a 65 barracuda on the hook.

That's Cool! I'm on my 4th Duster, had a 71 Challenger, a 74, a 71 Demon, 66 and 67 Sats, a BUNCH of D series and Rams, 3 Dakotas, but the Coronet and the 63, I drove around the most, other than the trucks. I actually worked a 4 to 5 man drywall in the 68 (in the early nineties) I drove that car every day for years.... it was a Beast! Changed several gear sets, for fun, ate a couple gear sets, not fun ( when a state troopers driving by, with his wife, motions you to push the car, Fat M/Ts on the back not spinning due to a locked up ring and pinion w/ a Sure Grip! ) even lunched a 4 spd.... out of all of them that's the one I wish I still had

-
Back