Not open for further replies.

KosmicKuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
I was just about to give up and go fiberglass 66 style hump from Brewers because I haven't found a 64-65 style until now. This would have been far easier (and cheaper) cause I already have shifter and boot that would've worked.

Well, I'm waiting on delivery of a 64 floor hump. In the mean time it looks like I'll need a floor shifter bezel. Anyone have one for sale in reasonable shape?
This is for my 64 Valiant convertible, currently a problematic 3 on-the-tree.

Hard to find + kinda chintsy bolting down.
I got A custom made proper billet piece made by member @cliffcuda65
IIRC
That I will be using on my 65 Dart project

We have the following in stock and ready to ship....

MR-636TRRV...1963-65 A-body, Round Chrome Trim Ring Version...$72.00
MR-636TRSV...1963-65 A-body, 4-speed indicator type Trim Ring....$194.00
RD-636SB.......1963-65 A-body, Floor Shift type mounted rubber Shifter boots...$98.00

Simply.....the cost of manufacturing the part, and the cost of chroming the part(the majority of the cost...chroming ANYTHING these days is NOT cheap in any definition of the word....)

Hard to find + kinda chintsy bolting down.
I got A custom made proper billet piece made by member @cliffcuda65
IIRC
That I will be using on my 65 Dart project

Oooh, I'll have to look into that. I was thinking of making a billet aluminum piece myself.

Until a few days ago, I assumed ALL 4 speed early a-bodies used the bezel with the 4 speed pattern. Then I received my original used floor hump from a FABO member. There is no indication of the J-shaped bracket ever having been welded to it.
Ah-ha! That tells me the bezel was not standard.

Oooh, I'll have to look into that. I was thinking of making a billet aluminum piece myself.

Until a few days ago, I assumed ALL 4 speed early a-bodies used the bezel with the 4 speed pattern. Then I received my original used floor hump from a FABO member. There is no indication of the J-shaped bracket ever having been welded to it.
Ah-ha! That tells me the bezel was not standard.

Shoutout to clifcuda65

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back