64 65 66 Cuda top qtr. panel fender spears?

-

ZooKypr

Reaction score
Can someone give me a length & width measurement on the top quarter panel fender spears? I have two that are different lengths and not sure if they are 64 & 65 or 66.

Aluminum are 67-3/4" x 1-1/16" and stainless are 67-1/8" x 15/16". As Cosgig states, one should be aluminum and the other stainless.

Thanks fellas...I'll have to measure them when I get home

If my memory serves me right! I remember removing the rear door panels. They are secured with a "pinch" clip. You have to pinch the bottom end of the clip and push up ever so carefully because these spears bend easily and pushing up hard will definitely bend it. Reinstalling them is easier. Align the clips and pinch the clip to get it seate in the mounting hole then apply even pressure on each clip.

There is also one nut at the rear of the spear by the taillight that needs to be removed before starting! I always use a clean rag against the body and a plastic putty knife to get under the spear and start the clip, then once you have it started you can use a small pair of needle nose pliers to squeeze the clip together, using the rag as a buffer against the paint!

-
Back