64-65 Barracuda rear defrost set-up

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
I came across a rear defrost set-up in a 64-65 Barracuda, complete. A switch is mounted under the driverside dash, the blower motor in in the rear passenger side speaker hole. Is this a rare option? I found one in a car that I can buy, what is it worth? Thanks!

I have not heard of very many of these and would love to have one. Considering I would be willing to pay $200 for something like this - I'd have to say it's at least worth $200 ;)

I would think it will also fit 1966 Barracuda's. I have seen this option for 67-69 Barracuda's but not the earlier ones!

My 65 came from the factory with one of those.It's not all that rare but nice to have.200? I don't know.who takes these things out in the kind of weather where you need it and why spend the money on a useless option.It might be a hard thing to sell at 200 bucks.

its not a speaker hole,, it is for the defroster unit,, no early cuda came with a rear speaker,,, i had all the stuff once upon a time,,threw it out years ago before the internet,,,:shaking:

I've seen the rear defroster in the Canadian cars a lot. I tried to salvage one from a wreck but the whole thing was too weathered and rusty. The only time I've ever felt I needed one is when I'm driving the car late in the year, like December and it's threatening to snow out, that's when the back window would fog up. Then the car goes away for the winter and that's the end of that...so I doubt I'll ever bother to get one and install it.

According to a book I have, the rear defroster was a dealer installed option as early as 64 barracuda.

Here is a scan of the dealer instaltion sheet as in stalled in 64. This was in the glove Box of my 65 (my car does have it installed).

defr1.jpg

defr.jpg

-
Back