Status
Not open for further replies.

harvenator

A fish called Wanda
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for a Z-bar for a V-8 64-66 A body. As sometimes beggars can't be choosey, I'll also consider a /6 Z-bar in good shape that I can cut and weld. The one I had went tits up with a stock clutch. It was form a /6 that I cut and welded. Please quote a reasonable price shipped to 38049.

Attachments

• S7302983.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 101
I'm looking for a Z-bar for a V-8 64-66 A body. As sometimes beggars can't be choosey, I'll also consider a /6 Z-bar in good shape that I can cut and weld. The one I had went tits up with a stock clutch. It was form a /6 that I cut and welded. Please quote a reasonable price shipped to 38049.

It seems like you could buy some pipe from www.mcmaster.com and weld the other parts back on. Just take some good measurements, it's probably a standard size.

Something to think about. The inside diamater changes along the tube and my fabrication skills aren't that good. If all else fails, I may have to go that route.
Thanks

Something to think about. The inside diamater changes along the tube and my fabrication skills aren't that good. If all else fails, I may have to go that route.
Thanks

No kidding? I'll have to check that out on my Z-bar that's sitting waiting for my 4-speed conversion. :tongue5:

I guess I can see how that makes sense... if there's an adjustment for the ball studs and the I.D. of the bar is tapered so that they can sit in properly or be adjusted as things wear... This would be a good thing to find out!
:thumbrig:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back