64-66 Barracuda Rear Glass

-

lhyatt

Reaction score
Hello All

Am researching sources for a rear glass for my 66 Barracuda. Having reviewed the 65 and 66 Mopar parts catalogs I discovered the following part numbers for the years shown:

2484 513 (1966)
2484 573 (1965)

Questions I need help with from FABO members who may have been down this road before:

1. I assume the rear glass from 64-66 is interchangeable across the three model years. Please confirm.

2. The two listed part number descriptions show the glass as tinted only. Based on experience, has anyone ever came across a non-tinted rear glass for the 64-66 model years? I suspect not, but wanted to check with the expert audience here.

3. Is there an aftermarket source available for the 64-66 rear glass (tinted)? If anyone has a lead on where I could find one, I would appreciate your assistance with that information (website link, company, or other info.

Thanks in advance.

i have one 50.00 in cheshire CT 06410 if you want to take a ride

They are interchangeable. I don't know if about tint and no tint but those windows are the kind of thing thats hard to find when you need one and hard to sell when you have one. I had one to sell a while back and wound up selling it for $25 but I think its worth more than that. They are difficult to ship. The good news is that people realize that they are special and save them so that means that some close by should be able to help you.

The windows are interchangeable from 64-66. The tinting is faded to the point of being non-tinted on most, if not all. There is no aftermarket source. Many people who are selling them think they are gold. DO NOT pay $300-$400 for one, as there are plenty available for less, like the one Dave offered above. The people asking $300-400 don't know any better. The yards I've seen them at here in CA usually charge around $50, and I've seen them as low as $35. That's been a few years ago, but still shouldn't be over $100

On a side note about tinting I had mine done while the glass was out and now the interior stays a lot cooler. The films they have nowadays block the sun without looking too dark. I think I paid $130 dollars. I told the buy it must be done in 3 sections due to the shape of the window, but he wouldn't listen, and wasted a lot of time and costly material. For a peek into the world of window tint installers, visit tintdude.com.

You think some people are a little out of touch on this???...I was looking at a clapped out 65 Cuda last year and asked the price...$4000.00!!! I asked why...the owner told me that just the rear window was worth $1200.00, so I offered him 3 rear windows in exchange for the car. I think that pissed him off because I never heard back from him and the car is gone!!!

On the other hand, I was offered 3 of these windows from a guy at the Nats a couple years ago...$50.00 for all three!!! They're out there in spades, don't pay over $50.00 for one, but you won't find them new, thats for sure!!! Geof

I know where three of them are at just across the border at a wrecking yard in Ind. which is only a 30 min drive,the place has 3 65 Barracudas,mostly there and the guy who owns it reasonable on parts.

I've got one and I'll sell at the going rate of $50 and am pretty close to you (20 miles south of Winchester and about 80 miles west of DC out I66).

-
Back