64-66 Dart GT Question - cat whiskers

-

mopowers

Reaction score
For those of you with a '64-'66 Dart GT, can you do me a huge favor and look at your front window sweeps (cat whiskers). Are the front inner and out cat whiskers supposed to be the same length? I just installed a set on my '66 Dart and I feel like the outer one should be about an inch longer.

1708918884725.png

On my 66 Barracuda with the same doors they are the same length but sadly they need to be like 1” longer on the outer ones.
Most people do not see it but those of us who do… looks like crap.
I’ve yet to see the proper length set even at this years Carlisle. Not one vendor could show me a proper length set. Allways the shorter side x4.

For those of you with a '64-'66 Dart GT, can you do me a huge favor and look at your front window sweeps (cat whiskers). Are the front inner and out cat whiskers supposed to be the same length? I just installed a set on my '66 Dart and I feel like the outer one should be about an inch longer.

View attachment 1716212758
My 65 Dart GT that I've owned since 1973. I have never changed whiskers.

20240226_091327.jpg

Thanks guys! I guess I can sleep tonight now. :lol:

I do wish the outers were a tad longer. I don't like how the metal end drags on the window trim. I'll have to see if I can adjust the window channel so it doesn't

I had a customer make a longer outer sweep for his 66 dart from a 70 challenger set. then he complained that it was scratching his SS divider post (I told him it would eventually rub scratches in it if he used it a lot.) I had to take the longer one off and replace it with the original one I was going to put back on until he insisted that it should be longer. I'll admit that I didn't think it would only take months to do that though, more like a year or so and that surprised me since catwhiskers are pretty soft.

Thank you! I was more interested in how far back the rubber nubs from the vent window seal go past the vertical trim/run channel and meet with the cat whiskers. The reproductions from metro that I've got go further past that vertical run channel and overlap with the cat whisker unfortunately. I'll have to trim them.

-
Back