64 barracuda carpet and seat covers

-

abuong01

Reaction score
Has anyone had a consistently good experience ordering full carpet and replacement seat covers, door panels, etc from Legendary. Is there another trusted vendor out there. Ready to begin replacing the entire interior (good foam and very good rear bench aside) and was looking for a good experience out of the box with the right vendor. Thanks All.

I bought seat covers for my '67 Fury and '66 Barracuda from Legendary. I bought front and rear covers for both cars, but I bought them a few years apart.
The rear bench portion of the rear seats for BOTH cars did not fit correctly. I took measurements from my originals against their re-pops and e-mailed the photos to Legendary. They asked me to send my originals and theirs back to them (they paid the shipping), and they used my originals to make the pattern for the new re-pops.
I got them back a couple of weeks later, installed them, and they fit great. Customer service was very cooperative and polite. I don't remember the reps name now, but he was very professional in handling my case. I'm very pleased with the fit and quality of the Legendary covers. I've had them on the Fury for eight years now and they still look new.
You might want to shop around for the carpet for that Barracuda. Check ACC's website, RockAuto, Legendary. The last I knew, Legendary carries ACC and probably marks up the price. Like I said, shop around.
These are the only pics I can find at the moment. All upholstery work was done in my basement.

Attachments

• lh side interior shot sm.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 131
  • new seat back upholstery.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 112
  • new seat back carpet installed.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 120
I've always had nothing but great experiences with Legendary, and only buy from them! Why go another route when you can get the best! Geof

I replaced the carpet in my Barracuda, and the carpet was made by ACC! Funny thing is, I bought the carpet waay back in 1996, one of the first items I bought for the restoration! Kinda backwards buying one of the last things needed first, but on the plus side, I paid $118 for the entire kit, which now costs nearly $400!! Geof

Tyhank you for the good feedback. Did you replace the carpet in the barracuda

My car is still a body shell at this point!! I have the carpet, and I have test fitted it and it fits nicely. It's from ACC. I bought it several years ago... You know, back when I thought the car would be finished in a year or two.
Here are a couple of pics with the carpet laid in for a test fit. Make sure you specify automatic or 4spd when you order carpet for your Barracuda.

Attachments

• carpet 1.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 121
  • carpet 2.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 106
-
Back