'64 Barracuda rim/tire size?

-

jlindemann

Reaction score
Can someone give me some advice on what type of aftermarket rims I should be looking for to put on my '64 Barracuda? I like the look of some of the larger aftermarket rims on the early A-bodies, but have no idea who makes any or what size/offsets/etc I should be looking at. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions anyone might have.

I feel your pain. If you still have the original 4" bolt circle (small bolt pattern or sbp) I don't think you will find a wheel larger than about 14x6". Early Mopar Rallyes and Cragars ss's. 14" wheels don't seem very big but with the right tires they look surprisingly good. If you upgrade to 4 1/2" bolt circle (lbp) there are larger sizes, a company called Coy's is popular. Hopefully an early-a owner who is running the larger wheels can give you more info, it is tricky finding a combo that will clear the wheel wells and leaf springs.

As mentioned above....decide if you are going to switch to the 4.5" bolt pattern. You probably should due to lots more wheel options and sizes, brake upgrade options etc......

-
Back