64 barracuda torqueFlite 904 issues

-

awg329

Reaction score
Hi. Im trying to help out my cousin with his 64 barracuda 273 push-button 904 auto . This car is a dog as it starts out in 3rd gear and won't kickdown. If I try to start out in manual low, it won't move- it acts like it's stuck in 2gears at the same time. Kickdown linkage looks fine. I'm not familiar with the push-button linkage, but I don't think that is the problem.
Any ideas ?

A source? Yeah, YOU. Yank that puppy outta there and drop out the pump, front band and two front drums, Don't take off the snap ring from the front of the output shaft. Leave the back guts ALONE. This one is an easy fix.

A source? Yeah, YOU. Yank that puppy outta there and drop out the pump, front band and two front drums, Don't take off the snap ring from the front of the output shaft. Leave the back guts ALONE. This one is an easy fix.
Yep, lol that was what I thought ! I have rebuilt 904s but never a push-button. It really shouldn't be any different inside. I think my cousin just wanted a guaranteed quick fix.

The back is different cuz it has TWO pumps. Just don't even take out the snap ring that's on the front of the output shaft.

-
Back