64 (Canadian) Valiant Signet

-

WV64Signet

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the add, and looking forward to wandering the halls here.

Recently acquired a 64 Valiant Signet convertible (Canadian) 1449157600

My first car was a 64 Valiant 4-door. Finally in a place in my life to go back to when I was 16 and buy what I would have wanted back then.

[The one I bought in 1982 required plywood in the floorboard to keep the water out when I hit puddles and a roll of 12 gauge wire to build a wiring harness....but that's what $100 will get you]

Tracking the history of the car I can get to where it came south from Mississauga Ontario in 1998 as "Salvage Junk" according to the hand written bill of sale for $500. From there it has been to New York, Pennsylvania and Florida. I believe that the original color was Ebony. Not sure of the interior or convertible colors as the body data plate is lost to history. I would love to get the build sheet on it as I don't imagine there were a lot of convertibles rolling off the line in Windsor back in 63-64.

I am thankful for the buyer in 1998 who saved it and all the others in between who invested a great deal of time and money in saving this car. 82,000 original miles. The body work removed all the badges and trim save for the hood. I enjoy the clean lines but would like to get the Valiant hood and trunk badging in place as it is distinct to the Canadian models. Tires are 14" aluminum 60's and 70's... drums all around but a disc brake front conversion is in the planning.

The original 225 still resides, but the engine was rebuilt from the bottom up and I have what I believe to be all the receipts. It is now sporting a Offenhauser Intake, Holley 4-barrell, Clifford Headers....etc... Sort of a modern version of the Hyper-Pak.

Thanks All!

1837rrrrr.jpg

1837j.jpg

original_8cec0dce-0373-4fcf-b6b9-237331d9a754_Screenshot_20210730-172833_Brave.jpg

1837gggg.jpg

"Add" ?
Are you selling this car?
It is an interesting model. It looks like a Valiant from the front and a Dart from the back!

Ahh....apologies. "add" as in "addition" to the board. :)

And you are correct in your assessment. Valiants out of the Windsor plant in 64 were Darts with Valiant (Plymouth) front clips. The car is essentially a Dart GT from the back

"Add" ?
Are you selling this car?
It is an interesting model. It looks like a Valiant from the front and a Dart from the back!

Yeah dork. Don't you know English? "ADD" as in addition. Not "AD" as in advertisement. Ya big dummy. lol

Recently acquired a 64 Valiant Signet convertible (Canadian) 1449157600

My first car was a 64 Valiant 4-door. Finally in a place in my life to go back to when I was 16 and buy what I would have wanted back then.

[The one I bought in 1982 required plywood in the floorboard to keep the water out when I hit puddles and a roll of 12 gauge wire to build a wiring harness....but that's what $100 will get you]

Tracking the history of the car I can get to where it came south from Mississauga Ontario in 1998 as "Salvage Junk" according to the hand written bill of sale for $500. From there it has been to New York, Pennsylvania and Florida. I believe that the original color was Ebony. Not sure of the interior or convertible colors as the body data plate is lost to history. I would love to get the build sheet on it as I don't imagine there were a lot of convertibles rolling off the line in Windsor back in 63-64.

I am thankful for the buyer in 1998 who saved it and all the others in between who invested a great deal of time and money in saving this car. 82,000 original miles. The body work removed all the badges and trim save for the hood. I enjoy the clean lines but would like to get the Valiant hood and trunk badging in place as it is distinct to the Canadian models. Tires are 14" aluminum 60's and 70's... drums all around but a disc brake front conversion is in the planning.

The original 225 still resides, but the engine was rebuilt from the bottom up and I have what I believe to be all the receipts. It is now sporting a Offenhauser Intake, Holley 4-barrell, Clifford Headers....etc... Sort of a modern version of the Hyper-Pak.

Thanks All!

View attachment 1715777714

View attachment 1715777715

View attachment 1715777716

View attachment 1715777717

Welcome aboard. I have a 64 2 door seeedan. 'Merican style.

-
Back