64 cuda emer brk lever spring

-

Garry

Reaction score
any body know how it attaches, I remember a post quite a while back, might have even had a picture , can't find it. I know one end goes on the pin, but the other end made me walk....

yea Ragtop I have that diagram , it is in the service manual. I see how one end goes over the pin (there is a detent in the pin for it) . But in this diagram the line for the other end just kinda goes up into the assembly somewhere, unclear to where. I will keep looking, there has to be a spot it hooks for the proper tension.

I found that drawing in my '64 Dodge FSM, Garry. I'm wondering if some other car with an identical mechanism has a different drawing - Dusters, maybe??
Maybe I can get a photo of that area under the dash of my '64ragtop for ya. It'll give me a chance to play with my new camera anyway.

BC

That would be great , thanks, there are about 3 places ( holes ) it could possibly hook to I think.

Spring goes from pin (green arrow, opposite side) to slot (red arrow).

underdashwipermotorparkingbrake1-10-07_zps26215daf.jpg

Beautiful, 396!! You just saved me having to crawl under my dash and probably not get as good a photo
'cause my steering column is in place. Most excellent! I'm sure the OP will appreciate it as well.

BC

Beautiful, 396!! You just saved me having to crawl under my dash and probably not get as good a photo
'cause my steering column is in place. Most excellent! I'm sure the OP will appreciate it as well.

BC

Glad to help! When I took my 65 apart, was sure I would forget where everything went so I have pics out the wazoo.

Yeah, like that great 20th century philosopher, Harry Callahan said: "A man's got to know his limitations." Lotsa pictures is a wonderful idea, and these new digital cameras and phones are way cool!

BC

Hey Signet got a good picture on how far that ss drip edge cover passes the upright ss trim on that quarter window see pic below

Attachments

• DSC01061.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 59
-
Back