64 cuda stock tank in tank pump?

-

64mopar

Reaction score
So I've decided to go with an electric pump,be it external or in tank.there are fuel line clearance issues to a stock mechanical. There is no way around the headers without getting elaborate to get to the stock pump.
Who has put an in-tank electric pump into a stock tank ,how much clearance is there with your pump and what kind is it?

I am familiar with tanks Inc, my buddy uses a set up in his 69 dart.
The tank for this Barracuda is different and I already bought a new tank last spring for it.
Just looking to see who has done it with a stock tank and what kind of pump also the clearance with the pump.

More Information for SPECTRA PREMIUM SP196A1H
Holley 12-319 Holley 255 LPH OE Style EFI Fuel Tank Modules
Both of these units are drop-in replacements for your stock sending unit/pickup, no mods required to your stock tank. I have used the Spectra unit with no issues in an A body tank, even though it's listed as an E body replacement. On one install I had to tweek the pickup tube a hair to clear the bottom of the tank, but I've had to do that with stock pickups, too. I just listed the Rockauto link as reference, most jobbers can get them.
I haven't used the Holley, as it wasn't available when I did my installs, but I have heard good things about it; plus it is listed as an A body direct fit.

From a quick look at the both of them, it appears the Specter will flow more fuel ,but I do not see the pressure that it provides , but I do see it has a return line. On the Holley ,I see it flows less, but it has a 58 PSI pressure, but no return line.
The Holley says it will supply up to 550 HP.
Do I believe the Spectre will equal that.
As my motor will be at that level.

I am hoping to use the TanksInc version in my 65 Barracuda. I plan on modifying it to use the same straps the 67 up cars use. Shouldn't be that big of a deal, and will get that stupid side to side strap out of the way of the tail pipes.

-
Back