64 Dart Carbon Fiber Headlight Trim/Bezels

-

64 SRT8 Dart

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm talking with a custom carbon fiber company about making carbon fiber headlight trim/bezels for my 64 Dart project. I think they fit 63 as well...not for sure if not please let me know.
I know repro's are pretty expensive....around $275 or something.
The carbon fiber ones will be less expensive and could be paintable if you wanted to paint to match...not to mention look cool.
Anyways, just thought I'd let everyone know and see if there are others who might be interested in a pair before I continue further on this investment.
Thanks.

Carbon fibre would be a strange choice of material...not at all smooth; it's got that bumpy "woven" texture. Might be what you're after for a custom project, but would probably limit the appeal to other Dart owners. Fibreglass = better because it can be made smoth See here for fibreglas repros of the '63-'65 Valiant/'64-'65 Barracuda headlight bezel. You're correct that '63 and '64 Dart bezels are alike.

Vacuum form carbon is like glass when using a proper mold, but yes fiberglass would be way more feasible in the way of cost.

-
Back