64 Dart GT 273 V8 $2250 (Dallas CL)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Always wanted a 64. It is described as a hp engine but that engine wasn't available until 65. MIKE

Always wanted a 64. It is described as a hp engine but that engine wasn't available until 65. MIKE

I just noticed that too. I know the 273 came out in 64 but it was only 180 hp. The Commando 273 came out in 65 and was 235 hp.

By the way, that a nice looking 66 you have there, especially with that 273.

not sure about you guys -- but his statement of the torsion bar mounts being bad puts it out of my ablity category. Lawrence

That engine does not look like a commando engine.

Wrong valve covers and the intake looks like a 2 barrel to me.

Sorry Guys, thats my 64 Dart GT in Dallas Craigslist..... I just went by the fender badges that say Commando V8 - ( realized today ...they just say V -eight & I corrected my CL ad...) I realize it isn't an HP motor.... its actually a pretty decent little car, I have located another front frame section, or may consider the repair sections available at Autorust.com , seems this is a very common area for these little Darts to rust out...its a shame, floors are SOLID as well as trunk florrs, and this is the only frame rust ..... If I dont sell the old girl pretty soon , I am going to get the repairs done, WAY too nice of a car to see it go to waste ... thanks for your input.

Regards,
Clay

[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back