'64 Dart GT Convertible Saying Hello

-

RSnyder

Reaction score
Guys,

New member chiming in... Love the site and really like the community thus far. Great information and a lot of knowledge.

Throwing out a couple picts of my ride! '64 Dart GT Convertible - custom paint, custom interior, everything else original (V8-273, push-button automatic, and naturally no AC - It's a convertible!!).

Lots of personal history with this car! This was my first car when I was 16.. it was blue and rough! Father/son project originally and we painted it right before I turned 16.... 32 years later.... and I have since repainted twice. Once to drive in my wedding (20 years ago) and the other about 8 years ago to its current state. I did all the body work and paint in my garage, and a buddy and I did the custom upholstery.

Engine was rebuilt about 8 years ago and I went with an electronic ignition! What a difference that made! Had backfiring and timing issues relative to a bad bearing in the distributor... now that was a tricky one to diagnose!!

It still drives out great ... very smooth... but hard to stop! Those %#@! drum brakes! Maybe that's the next project... for my daughter is interested in the car! Maybe one day.. for now it's still mine!

This car is still a head turner....

Enjoy the picts!

Attachments

• before1.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 69
  • After3.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 61
  • before2.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 55
  • After4.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Dsc00017.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 67
  • Dsc00018.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Bucket.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Dart small 2.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 77
  • Interior small.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Dash small.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 63
Welcome!
Great car.
I love cars that have good history.
Thanks for the pics - we like pics here.

Welcome to the best damn Mopar site on the interweb!!! That is one sharp looking Dart you have there, love the 2-tone interior too :glasses7:

-
Back