64 Dart Gt EFI Magnum Swap

-
We were going to have 340 manifolds made again but nobody seemed very interested. We also have not had enough interest to produce our early headers or even later headers.

Brewer's lists a set of repro 340 manifolds. is this a proprietary item for them, or are they buying from another vendor to resell?

As a guy who hates headers I would think this would be a great product, but what do I know!!!! Lol.

The manifolds will bolt right on but will have a 1/4 inch open spot underneath where there is a port mismatch. These are the 69 hipo manifolds I'm talking about.
I made 14 gauge steel plates and cut the hole to fit the head port size and the cut the outer edge to fit the manifold.
A better bet would to use magnum manifolds, if you can find some to fit.

The manifolds will bolt right on but will have a 1/4 inch open spot underneath where there is a port mismatch. These are the 69 hipo manifolds I'm talking about.
I made 14 gauge steel plates and cut the hole to fit the head port size and the cut the outer edge to fit the manifold.
A better bet would to use magnum manifolds, if you can find some to fit.

Well that sucks. Huh. Yeah a magnum ps manifold will work, but not the driver's side. I didn't want to use headers, looks like I'll have to make a fix like you did. I am running some honkin' thick copper gaskets. I'm sure they are thicker than 14 Ga. but ehhhhh. Not so sure I'd be happy with that. Dammit!

Well that sucks. Huh. Yeah a magnum ps manifold will work, but not the driver's side. I didn't want to use headers, looks like I'll have to make a fix like you did. I am running some honkin' thick copper gaskets. I'm sure they are thicker than 14 Ga. but ehhhhh. Not so sure I'd be happy with that. Dammit!

What is it about the magnum manifold that doesn't fit? I've got a pair in my garage I'm considering for my build, but I'm also going coilers and rack and pinion.

What is it about the magnum manifold that doesn't fit? I've got a pair in my garage I'm considering for my build, but I'm also going coilers and rack and pinion.

Sorry, I should have said, drivers side won't fit in "my" application. The rear exit magnum manifold works fine on the passenger side of my car with the 90 degree oil filter adaptor. The drivers side is impeded by all the clutch rods, zbar, and probably more.

I cannot make a blanket statement and say it "never" will work.

Best,

CE

Or, you could use a set of 273/ 318 manifolds to fit your body style. Everything would bolt up and seal. Of course it will choke your exhaust flow down, defeating the increased flow of the magnum heads. I thing the magnum manifold on the drivers side hits the firewall.
That's why I thought that a inexpensive shorty style header would be wanted, better flow than a manifold plus the ground clearance and easier to work on too.

Or, you could use a set of 273/ 318 manifolds to fit your body style. Everything would bolt up and seal. Of course it will choke your exhaust flow down, defeating the increased flow of the magnum heads. I thing the magnum manifold on the drivers side hits the firewall.
That's why I thought that a inexpensive shorty style header would be wanted, better flow than a manifold plus the ground clearance and easier to work on too.

That would definitely be preferred for me, especially if it was cheaper than TTI/Dougs. I'd prefer to not use manifolds, and if it won't fit then I don't have a choice, but it's what I have right now. Cest La Vie

Yea, I would want a set of shortys too. Maybe something cool like an up sweep on the pipes in a tri y header. Move the flange on the pass side so you won't need an 90* oil filter adapter.
It would have to cost in the $450 dollar range for them to sell though. I don't know if that is even doable for that money.

Its totally do able but you will get a fortune cookie or burrito with each pair, then nobody wants them. Made in states is in the ballpark of $650-$750. BTW, Dougs now come with a free burrito....

I see that the TTI shorty's are $685 plus another $100 for the head pipes. The Schumachers are $950 for the tri y, that's with there best anti rust coating. Those just seems to be pretty expensive to me, but I am a cheap ***. How much more just to make them out of stainless?

It is just crazy that headers cost that much, but again I don't have a lot of cash and therefore am a cheap sob too cause I have no other option. If I had the money I'd have one built to perfection but I don't. SO I'm building a 74 dart swinger that is turd brown has a junk yard 5.9 magnum and a used transmition. But its mine and it will be fun...

It is just crazy that headers cost that much, but again I don't have a lot of cash and therefore am a cheap sob too cause I have no other option. If I had the money I'd have one built to perfection but I don't. SO I'm building a 74 dart swinger that is turd brown has a junk yard 5.9 magnum and a used transmition. But its mine and it will be fun...
Having fun, that's what it's all about.

-
Back