64 dart gt

-

jarkov

Reaction score
well this is my 64 dart me and my doughtier are going to get started on this
it is a all stock it needs floor pans wheel well rust lower door rust repair and lower rear quarter panel rust but on the up side it is a stock V8 4Speed that runs and drives got it for 2k we are going to make it look all stock but it wont be it will be my kids first restore this is training for her 67 camaro V8 4Speed left to her by my brother when he passed he bought it new in 67

my64-1.jpg

my64-2.jpg

A stab in the dark - 273, 2 barrel carb, single exhaust, 4 speed, bucket seats & console. My fist car was the same exact as yours except it was blue with a white side stripe. Talk about a flash back . . . good luck to you and your daughter - nice project.

close it is a 273 4 barrel carb duel exhaust 4 speed bucket seats & no console
i don't think the buckets are stock they are high back buckets i don't think that
darts from this year came with high backs but they are comfortable

i have been working on my little dart and i was wondering if there is a 5 speed that i can put in this 64 dart that will fit where the stock 4 speed and shifter went with out cutting or welding i dont want to make look like it is not stock thanks

As far as something that won't need any fabrication work....no. But if you are looking to just get an overdrive you can just swap in an A833OD. Still a 4 speed with a few differences like the front bearing retainer is larger but same exact look. Only thing some people don't care for is the RPM drop from the wider gear spread.

thanks camd64 ok so what can i put in with the littlest amount of fab that is a 5 speed

I would say the T5. Has good aftermarket support and came in quite a few different vehicles.

thanks guys i will look in to the t5 camd64 my first car was a 71 swinger and my 2nd car was a 64 gt dart that was a 6 with a push button trans when i seen this one with a stock v8 4speed for 2 grand i could not pass it up love these cars

-
Back