'64 Dart V8 Exhaust Manifold and Oil Filter Options

-

TNT440_Cbody

Reaction score
I found a 273 equipped '66 Barracuda in a local yard and have already stripped the K-member and throttle linkages, etc from it to do a V8 conversion down the road.

Should I pick up the 273 Exhaust manifolds too? Will the manifolds fit on a 318? What are some other options for better breathing exhaust on an early A with a V8?

Also, will the oil filter adapter from the 273 fit onto any other small block engine? Will I need that for a swap? There was an 80's Fifth Avenue right near the Barracuda and it has a different oil filter adapter.

I will go back today and get those things if needed, before the car is taken away and scrapped!

I found a 273 equipped '66 Barracuda in a local yard and have already stripped the K-member and throttle linkages, etc from it to do a V8 conversion down the road.

Should I pick up the 273 Exhaust manifolds too? Will the manifolds fit on a 318? What are some other options for better breathing exhaust on an early A with a V8?

Also, will the oil filter adapter from the 273 fit onto any other small block engine? Will I need that for a swap? There was an 80's Fifth Avenue right near the Barracuda and it has a different oil filter adapter.

I will go back today and get those things if needed, before the car is taken away and scrapped!

The 273 manifolds will work perfectly for a 318. Get them.
The 273 90 deg. oil filter adapter is cast iron, the 5th ave. one is aluminum. The 5th ave. one also has a "notch" to fit over a tab in the later 318 blocks to "clock" it properly. Both will work on any SB. Get them both and sell one off (worth ~ 25 bucks)

Manifolds don't flow enough for 340s or 360s, headers are the way to go there. If you get the 273 manifolds and want to sell them...let me know!
Mike

K-members are the same /6 and V8 but the drag link is different as well as the motor mount rubbers and brackets. you can use the disc oil filter adapter with manifolds and a shorter filter (S-16 I think)

90 deg. filter: $25
Drop centerlink: $60-80
273 Manifolds: $75 (OK for 318s, iffy for anything larger)
V8 motor mounts: $125 schumacher
V8 gas pedal assy: $30-50
v8 radiator: $100-200 used - not available repop for drivers side outlet
K frame: same v8 and S6 = no change needed.

good time to go with LBP swap: 73+ disk brakes and UCA, swap under 8.25 LBP rear.

-
Back