64 Maverick

-

robjkc

Reaction score
No a-bodies but was lucky enough to visit Terry Winkler the owner of the 64 Maverick car. Probably one of the most famous mopar drag cars!

Also in the garage was a 600 original mile cuda (1/4 mile at a time) and also a 64 D100 HPP truck (max wedge). Sorry for the low quality pictures.

This was the first time meeting Terry and he is a GREAT guy! Said I am welcome back anytime. Would like to see his 69 Hemi Dart.

Anyone willing to guess the value of these three vehicles??

Attachments

• maverick.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 291
  • cuda.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 325
  • css.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 304
Around 350K?

Terry estimated about $600K on the maverick and about $200K on the truck. The cuda wasn't his but I think he said around $250K. It's unrestored and he thinks it could bring a lot more restored.

Thanks for posting the pics. As far as value, the 600mi Hemi really makes the difference. This is B/J material so i can't tell what someone would pay. Way beyond my pay grade, but i did like seeing them.

P.S. I think his estimate on the Maverick 64' and the truck is extremely optimistic.

This is B/J material so i can't tell what someone would pay. Way beyond my pay grade, but i did like seeing them.

P.S. I think his estimate on the Maverick 64' and the truck is extremely optimistic.

Speaking of B/J, Terry is selling his 70 hemi superbird at las vegas next month. His wife is hoping it brings about $300K.

Little story about the "Maverick". It never lost a race and had one draw over its career. After 1964 it raced as the "Prosecuter". After Terry restored it he took it to a show where Bill Maverick drove it around. Terry wanted Bill to drive it down the 1/4 mile but Bill declined saying that it was one of the few cars that really scared him. Said it felt like he was going off a cliff once it reach a certain gear (sorry for my poor drag racing knowledge).

While I was visiting Terry he let me sit in the car and also offered to start it up after I mistakenly asked if I could "pop" the hood.

Here's a link to Terry's restoration: http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/mmo72011.html

Wow, how cool is that with Bill being there with the car. Congrats to Terry also for doing a pristine job of saving that piece of history. Just being able to sit in it had to be the thrill of a lifetime, it would be for me...:D.

DAMN!Nice,thanks for posting.Alaways liked the H.P.P. trucks,the ultimate sleeper.

the history of this MOPAR is awesome. it was at the Big Easy Mopar show here in New Orleans
BigEasyMopas5-7-11110.jpg

I took these pics last year @ MMW in Indy while memike was talking to Bill.

Great link & story you posted robjkc :cheers:

Attachments

• MMW 2011 078.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 162
  • MMW 2011 079.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 160
-
Back