64 Sport Fury Alive Again

-

74360duster

JEREMY
Reaction score
After 6 Years Of Sitting On Stands In The Back Of The Shop.we Finally Started The Engine In My Fathers 64 Sport Fury.had To Blow Out The Fuel Lines And Install My Carb.but It Fired Right Up On Carb Cleaner And Once It Primed The System The Car Ran Excellent.lifter Chatter For Couple Of Seconds.we Finally Got Caught Up On Working On My Cars And Decided It Was Time To Get His Car Fixed.(mom Also Said To Drop The Insurance Or Get It Running)they Have Had The Car For 30 Years.the Reason For Being Parked So Long Was The Trunion Joint In The Driveshaft Came Apart And Cracked The Tailshaft On The Transmission.finally Got A 65 Plymouth Trans Which Will Now Have A Slide In Yoke And Also Maintain The Factory Cable Shift Operation.looking Forward To Cruising With My Father In The Next Couple Of Weeks.it Was Great Hearing The Car Run Again.new Engine In The Projects.should Be Installed This Spring.then To The Body Shop.car Has Only Got Small Spot Of Rust Over Right Rear.and Only The Driver Seat Insert Needs Fixed.original Paint And Interior. :)

You were paying insurance for 6 years on a non-running car? Glad your mom finally got involved, lol. Seriously, glad you'll be able to start enjoying the car again.

Dad Payed The Insurance.being It Was His Car.wanted Full Coverage On It Just Incase Of Some Freak Accident.wanted To Make Sure It Was Protected.even Though Thinking About It.home Owners Insurance Would Have Covered It.but May Not Have Covered The Value As Well As The Historical Auto Insurance Would Have.if It Were Mine.it Never Would Have Sat All Those Years.but When You Are Dealing With 2 Sons That Were 19 And 15 At The Time.we Kept Him Pretty Busy With My Cars And My Brothers 4 Wheeler Racing.its Finally Time For Us To Repay Him By Getting His Car Running To Enjoy.

Good to hear about another 60's Mopar running. I just put tags on my 63 Sport Fury yesterday and hope to fire the new eng today ! Ron

383man said:
Good to hear about another 60's Mopar running. I just put tags on my 63 Sport Fury yesterday and hope to fire the new eng today ! Ron

YOU AND YOUR SON HAVE 2 NICE LOOKING CARS.I JUST RECEIVED A MY 1ST DIGITAL CAMERA FOR MY BIRTHDAY ON THE 8TH.SO NOW AS SOON AS I CAN GET MYSELF A COMPUTER AT MY HOUSE I WILL TRY TO GET SOME PICTURES POSTED OF ALL MY ABODIES.AND THE SPORT FURY.RIGHT NOW I ONLY USE MY COMPUTER AT WORK AND PARENTS COMPUTER TO GET ON HERE.KIND OF A INCONVIENCE.BUT I MAKE IT WORK.

Thanks for the kind words. And please hurry up and post them pics of your cars !! Ron

-
Back