64 valiant Convertible

-

Ariyeh

Reaction score
Hi all

I just bought my first project car a 64 valiant convertible and I am excite to get started with it this weekend. Any tips?

Welcome! Take plenty of photos before disassembling anything and as you go along. Post some for us to see too!

Welcome aboard :cheers: Wow ! A Drop Top 64 Valiant :color: Like 68gtxman said ! Take a bunch of pictures before you start and plenty of pictures as you go, but first :glasses7: share a couple with us here :D

Hello and welcome to the site..

Document, document, document.. Get zip lock baggies and a sharpie for when you disassemble and write on it what it is for.. Especially for bolts.. Camera helps as mentioned.

This site has a great search function and also dont be afraid to ask questions here.

Like already said, take lots and lots of pics, no detail is too small, any small hardware removed should be put in Ziploc bags and write on a piece of paper a description of the contents and where they belong and place inside the bag with the contents, take your time and don't rush things, if things get you a little frustrating then walk away from it for a while, and if in doubt about anything no matter how trivial, post it up, somebody here will know how to get you back in the right direction.

Welcome to FABO Ariyeh . There is a special forum on here for early A body cars like yours.
Lets see some pics...

Welcome. Your first step should be to post some photos of your car. There is a ton of knowledge represented on this site so don't be afraid to ask questions.

Figured I'd post my Valiant, just because!

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 1.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 92
I have a 64 also just about to post it on the site for SALE! I was planning on finishing the resto but will be leaving that for the new owner. I'm about to write my 1st post on the Welcome form introducing myself, along with all the pics. Good luck with your project, if you need any parts give me a shout I have a second car I was using for parts.:headbang:

Attachments

• Vali1.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 70
-
Back