==64 Valiant/'Cuda interest. VEGAS.

-

VALIANTresearch

Reaction score
Hello! I am a life-long 1955-57 Chevy person, now looking at a 1964 Valiant Convertible and 1964 Barracuda projects a guiy has had sitting for about 10 yerars here...Barrcuda is an A/C car, so...?

I can get as a pkg. deal.
Kind of amazed at how little info. there was on both, and NO wheels you can just put on either one (Torq thrust IIs, etc)...

Oh man! Looking to make an informed decision...thus the name,
"valiant research".

You have found a unique site that can answer many questiions you might have. Sure is a big difference in the size of cars you are looking at and leaving!! Early A-bodies are cool but second gen are better due to the variety of engines that can be installed. Just my 2 cents!
Wheels can be a pain! First gen have a small 5 on 4" bolt pattern. 2nd gen have both 5 on 4" and 4.5" both will interchange on second gen. Not sure about 1st gen as I only had a 65 Barracuda with a 273 in it. Was a blast to drive though! Again, welcome! Enjoy your time here.

Welcome to FABO! Getting a Mopar in shape is a bit more challenging to do than a Chevy...many of us have had Mopars all our lives but others came to them later. I would say bounce around this site for a few hours and get a gut feeling if they are right for you. Only you can answer that question!

Welcome! Your from a background of one of my favorite cars. Love those 55-56 Chevies. But now you're going into my favorites. Good luck with the transactions. Ask anything on this forum...you will find a buch of very helpful folks. There are a handful of wheels that will fit the 5 bolt 4" lug pattern but the sources are limited. A lot of folks upgrade to the later bolt pattern and get disc brakes at the same time. Working on these cars can be a bit more challenging than what you are used to but that's one of the things that adds to the "cool factor."
Again, Welcome!

====== AS I KNOW THIS SECTION IS JUST FOR "HELLO"s====

Here's what I am after - if anyone sees this intro. thread and can give me links to thread they know have right info., etc?

Please post them on here (I just started this):
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=893263&posted=1#post893263

======
I have done a lot of searches, found maybe one thing, gotten sidetracked on someone's build thread, gotten little bits here and there!

But-
It's a 1964 valiant convert and a 1964 Barracuda project.
Valiant is the slant 6/PButton.
If we restore one/both, it'll be stock...but I want modern rims on it.

I have questions, can you guys go over to this new thread and see if you can send me the right way?

These cars are sweet!

CAM_JNKYD_CARS_09 008.jpg

I love the pic of your car. I just brought my dad's 64 valiant signet 200 down from Vancouver here to arizona to try and save it from the rust. I need to restore it or do a sympathetic restoration so that it gets back in good driving shape. do you have any recommendations?

-
Back