64 Valiant I picked up this past weekend

-

Bubba

Reaction score
I traded some stuff a while back, that I traded for. I then traded some more stuff, for some more stuff, then I traded that stuff for some other junk. any how, I ended up with an 84 corvette that was in rough shape, and had no title. A kid upstate had a 64 Valiant on Craigslist, so I called him. He was looking for a chassis, I told him about the Vette, an the rest is history.

He brought the Valiant to me on a car dolly. once he was in my neighborhood he called me, and said "I think im close to your house". Once I figured out where he was, (about a mile from my house) he asked if I could meet him, and told me that the car came loose, and came off the dolly. He wanted me to look at the car to see if I still wanted the car since it had some damage from the incident.

I got in the truck, drove down there. The damage wasn't too bad, so I told him to take it on to the house.

It knocked the toe way out, and pushed the bottom of the right side fender in, and bent the sheet metal across the front. It also caught the left side fender and pushed it in, now the door is catching on it when it opens. Other than that, she's pretty solid, and all there, most of the body trim is inside the car, but I'm probably not gonna use it anyhow.

View attachment 2012-03-05 17.37.51.jpg

View attachment 2012-03-05 17.38.07.jpg

View attachment 2012-03-05 17.38.19.jpg

View attachment 2012-03-05 17.38.31.jpg

View attachment 2012-03-05 17.38.50.jpg

View attachment 2012-03-05 17.39.12.jpg

View attachment 2012-03-05 17.39.24.jpg

View attachment 2012-03-05 17.39.33.jpg

Nice! i never use to like the early A bodies but ever since i drug home the little 66 Valiant i think they look cooler and cooler...

Nice car, and even nicer that you traded stuff for it. Me likee!! Good find!! Geof

Nice signet!! i hope u do use the trim, they sure look nice with the trim. Mine is just a 100 but i added the teardrops on the rear..

You don't come across too many Signet hardtops these days, and that one looks quite solid. Bummer about the damage, but the car shows a lot of promise. Keep us posted!

-
Back