'64 Valiant - Rear Brake Hold Downs

-

T0dd

Reaction score
I picked up two WAGNER H7073 kits and neither has the correct spring selection that was on my 1964 Valiant. Bummer, but that just shows you not to order parts no matter how cheap until you are staring at the area to be worked on. Anyhow, I am reassembling after changing out the Axle seal and wheel cylinder and the rear brake hold downs are the spring and clip system, not the pin and cap system. The kit I got above had pins and caps but the pin flange is not big enough for the holes in the backing plate. Do they make pins that will work in the backing plates that originally had the spring and clip system. I would rather switch over as I find them easier to work with.

I picked up two WAGNER H7073 kits and neither has the correct spring selection that was on my 1964 Valiant. Bummer, but that just shows you not to order parts no matter how cheap until you are staring at the area to be worked on. Anyhow, I am reassembling after changing out the Axle seal and wheel cylinder and the rear brake hold downs are the spring and clip system, not the pin and cap system. The kit I got above had pins and caps but the pin flange is not big enough for the holes in the backing plate. Do they make pins that will work in the backing plates that originally had the spring and clip system. I would rather switch over as I find them easier to work with.
Did you find Pins and caps that will work for this I am having the same issue?

No I did not. In fact the wagner was the incorrect set for my brakes in the end. I needed to go with a carlson h7037 which had the correct clip/spring selection and springs. I toyed with the idea of using a washer to enlarge the base of the pin/spring setup but in the end the clip/spring was just fine.

No I did not. In fact the wagner was the incorrect set for my brakes in the end. I needed to go with a carlson h7037 which had the correct clip/spring selection and springs. I toyed with the idea of using a washer to enlarge the base of the pin/spring setup but in the end the clip/spring was just fine.
Thank you.

-
Back