'64 Valiant V-200 parts list! (Vancouver)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Traikun

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hello,

So here's a list of parts that I'm looking for, for the valiant. I'm in Vancouver, BC and would love to find a good local parts source, but I don't have a problem with shipping parts if they're in good condition.

Door locks (all 4 sides) - not power!
Side-view mirrors, driver & passenger side.
front floor pans (have found an online source for these @ c2cfabrication.com)
rear floor pans - nodoby seems to have these.
Carpeting (have found an online source for this as well)
Interior panelling for driver & passenger side door (dark tan/beige color scheme)
front & rear arm rests
stock radio

If you have a part, know where I can find one, or have a good aftermarket source for early A-body, I would be very greatful if you would share your knowledge!

I've attached a picture of the mirror, and the interior.

IMG_3673.JPG

mirror.JPG

Traikun, unless you're looking for perfection, those rear floor pans are very easy and cheap to make. I made mine and was surprised at how well it worked out. I laid a piece of sheet metal over the rust hole, laid a trash bag in the area and made a mold out of bag concrete. Put a hook in like you use to hang up rakes and shovels so you have a way to get hold of it to get it back out. Let it cure for several days and then roll it over on the floor and cut a piece of metal a little bit bigger than what you need. Use a seamstress tape measure to get the dimensions. Make cuts in the metal roughly to where the "corners "will be. Put on some knee pads and roll it with one hand and wail on it with a rubber hammer with the other hand. You only need to get the bend started. Put it back in the car and stand in the middle of it with both feet so the corner cuts over lap. Make sure the pan contacts the frame members underneath the car. That is very important. I made that mistake and had to grind one back out.

Oh, right on. I hadn't even thought of that! What thickness of sheet metal should I use?

I have a pair of tan rear armrests pads. Was just up in Vanc 2 weeks ago.

red

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back