65 barracuda/64 dash... Dash harness issues

-

scottylack

Reaction score
ok...put a 64 dash in a 65... used a 65 dash harness due to the firewall block...needed the larger one....

then realized that wiper and lights in dash harness not the same spots...

what should I do... lengthen wires to reach??? Gonna be tough to go around push button trans......

Attachments

• r2.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 310
  • 65ValiantGauges.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 350
Is the blue car in the bottom pic the car you're working on?? And did you put the dash frame with the pushbutton cut out in it? Are you using the pushbutton stuff in the dash or that floor shifter?

Seems to me that if you're not using the pushbutton, you would be better off with the 65 dash frame, which looks to put the switches a little closer!! How bout a little more info, maybe we can come up with a solution based on what parts you are using!!

I have a complete dash from a 64 4 speed car with no cutout for the pushbutton, and also all of the components from a 65 dash it any of it would help!! I also have a nice dash frame from a 66 Valiant too if you could use that!!

Try to explain the components you are using and maybe we can mix and match some things to get you straight!! Geof

pushbutton 64 dash
65 harness
using pushbutton shifter
need to fit 65 harness.... showed pictures to show where location of wiper and light switches are...its not my car...

any thoughts? Should I just use a 64 harness, and use a 65 firewall junction box?

-
Back