65 Barracuda AWB Funny Car

-
Wish I had bought your small tire car...
THIS IS MY SMALL TIRE CAR !

TIRES.JPG

Luckily, I have been driving with spools on the street for a long time, and never had an issue that bad. My Cuda is mostly street, and is spooled...Only issue I have is backing the car in with the front turned hard either direction.

What I like, is when it does break traction, its predictable.

This AWB car has 33x22 street tire on it right now, and a totally weird weight distribution and maybe it will be an issue. Was going to borrow my 33x16.5 slicks off my Duster to race it. Don't know, but figured since I was going to race it more than street it, spools are were its at.
Remember you moved the motor Forward 12 to 15 inches. When I had the Hemi in it you would have to remove the blower and put the single 4 barrel in take on it to pull the motor. That was a lot of weight moved forward, I built the car for the street with no thought of racing it.

Is that the old dual plane M1 intake? You will be very unhappy with the performance of that intake on a Hemi if it is. I would highly recommend something other than that intake.

Is that the old dual plane M1 intake? You will be very unhappy with the performance of that intake on a Hemi if it is. I would highly recommend something other than that intake.
It's a 472 crate Hemi I bought many years ago, was run a dyno at 528 hp I just want to drive it and not race it

View attachment 1716028032Back in the mid 70s, my drag car builder wouldn't use a spool for safety reasons. My car once broke a Strange axle on the splined end when I dropped the clutch. The car just lurched forward a little and that was it. I saw a prostock car running a spool break an axle and the other tire pushed the car in a hard left crashing into the gaurd rail.
Yep that is what happened to my brothers Vega, He was going to put it back on the street and put his wide Mickeys back on it, while playing around in front of his shop one of the tires went flat, it hooked hard right and drove into a bank and rolled over bending the car up good, spools are bad for the street .

Well, its all in primer. It has a new 4340 cage, it has a new trans tunnel, new seats, new dash and it has a 440 built for a blower in it and new trans...Other than that, its been sitting. I can post pictures later.

I STILL QUESTIONED AS TO WHY YOU MOVED THE MOTOR FORWARD, YOU SAID TO GET MORE LEG ROOM, I AM 5 FT 10 AND TOP AT 190. WHEN I PUT THE CAR TOGETHER I SET THE SEATS UP OFF THE FLOOR AND LEANED THEM BACK DOING THIS GETS YOUR LEGS OFF TH FLOOR AND LEANING BACK SHORTENS THE DISTANCE TO THE PETALS . I BUILT A 72 DODGE COLT WITH THE MOTOR MOVED BACK 13 INCHES , IT WAS UNDER THE WINDSHIELD AND I DID THE SAME THING WITH THE SEATS. ALL THIS IS FOOD FOR THOUGHT ! A COUPLE OF PIC'S

colt1 1.jpg

IMG_2054.JPG

IMG_2053.JPG

1972-Dodge-Colt-1 (1).jpg

I STILL QUESTIONED AS TO WHY YOU MOVED THE MOTOR FORWARD, YOU SAID TO GET MORE LEG ROOM, I AM 5 FT 10 AND TOP AT 190. WHEN I PUT THE CAR TOGETHER I SET THE SEATS UP OFF THE FLOOR AND LEANED THEM BACK DOING THIS GETS YOUR LEGS OFF TH FLOOR AND LEANING BACK SHORTENS THE DISTANCE TO THE PETALS . I BUILT A 72 DODGE COLT WITH THE MOTOR MOVED BACK 13 INCHES , IT WAS UNDER THE WINDSHIELD AND I DID THE SAME THING WITH THE SEATS. ALL THIS IS FOOD FOR THOUGHT ! A COUPLE OF PIC'S

View attachment 1716223582

View attachment 1716223584

View attachment 1716223585

View attachment 1716223586
That is alot of cleco's

Been real busy with other projects...but.

So the car has a new cage and seats, glass dash, trans tunnel, and I ended up with not enough leg room. So its going to wheelie anyway, figured move the motor forward along with the fire wall and at least be comfortable. I plan to race & street it. I have a 440 blower motor in there right now, but need an intake and blower.

To get it running this year, I may steel the 605 Hemi out of my 70 Cuda and throw a tunnel ram on it.

DSC08579.JPG

DSC08578.JPG

DSC08560.JPG

DSC08559.JPG

DSC08558.JPG

DSC08444.JPG

DSC08435-1.jpg

DSC07699.JPG

DSC07698.JPG

Last edited:
-
Back