'65 Barracuda black dash satin paint on top of dash and behind grills, front valance panel

-

Bob Jasinski

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My dash is out and stripped for paint, as well as the car body. The '65 Barracuda had a non-reflective black paint applied to the areas behind the grill to give it a blackout look and also in the recessed areas in the front bottom valance panel, and on top of the dash (black) to reduce reflections. Were these painted the same sheen? I know they were similar, but I don't know if they were the same. I'd appreciate any input, my painter needs to know what to paint in these areas and I'd like some opinions on what sheen the factory used and/or what others have used when re-painting, thanks!

Here is the other-than-main-body-paint info for '65 Plymouths. The front of the rad core support is somewhere between flat and satin black; don't know if it's the same as the "suede" black used in interior areas, but it might be.

Thanks for that Dan, I wasn't aware it was available. I'll bring it to my painter, although I don't know if it can actually help him, these paints are getting very hard to find especially in CA.

-
Back