65 Barracuda Body Measurements

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
Ok so I need some help. I had an accident a while back and got screwed by a body shop and am now left to fix the damage on my own.

I smashed the front drivers edge so what I am looking for is measurements from each fender body bolt across from each other. There are 5 bolts that hold the fender to the inner fender structure. I would like a measurement from right in front of each bolt to the corresponding bolt on the other side.

I am pretty sure my inner fender on the driver side is tweaked and am trying to figure out how bad and what I can do to fix it. I am hoping I will be able to just pull it because I think it is just an inch or less off but if it's more then that then I don't know if pulling will work.

I can take that measurement for you but am not quite sure where you want the measurement from. Do you want center to center measurement of the first bolts through fifth bolts. 1 to 1
2 to 2 and so on
Mike

Back in the day the body shops used crash sheets. It is my understanding that they include very detailed factory measurements.

Here is a link to a set that has 20 pages on eBay.

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-1965-1966-PLYMOUTH-VALIANT-BARRACUDA-BODY-PARTS-LIST-FRAME-CRASH-SHEET-/371105113868?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item566796a70c&vxp=mtr"]1964 1965 1966 Plymouth Valiant Barracuda Body Parts List Frame Crash Sheet $ | eBay[/ame]

I can take that measurement for you but am not quite sure where you want the measurement from. Do you want center to center measurement of the first bolts through fifth bolts. 1 to 1
2 to 2 and so on
Mike

I am looking for 1 to 1 then 2 to 2 and either from firewall side to firewall side or core support to core support side.

I did know these had to exist just did not know what to call them. i will likely order these but i have larger wheels and tires now so i am not sure how much this will help.

The body measurements for the sheet metal wouldn't be affected by different tires and wheels.

Ok so I received the suggested crash book pages from eBay and they only cover frame measurements. I have ordered a few more FULL crash books in hopes to find additional information. In the meantime I took some measurements if anyone can confirm these I would appreciate it.

I measured from the (Core Support Side) first bolt on passenger to first bolt on drivers 55 inches and from the (Firewall Side) last bolt 57 inches. I am thinking it is possible there is supposed to be a bit of taper but I don't know how much.

I know my inner fender is tweaked because I measured from the ground to the top of the swoosh on both sides and they were different. I don't remember how much right now. I took a look at the inner fender and noticed there was a bit of wave behind the drivers side grill. I will try and bang that out and see how much close I get.

I replied back to you a month ago and you thought you had it so I never thought about again, until I got your posting. I can do this for you but I would like you to call me and talk to me about how you want the measurements. I went to your photo bucket link you had in your email. You could even send me a picture of what you want me to measure. We can probably do it over the phone call you make to me. I am sending this email Monday night and could take your call Tues or Wed. Heres my info
Mike Bunyan
Lancaster California
661-478-1354

Talk to you soon

-
Back