[WANTED] 65 Barracuda front clip

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a very nice, clean, left front fender from a 65. I bought a pair of Valiant fenders for restoration on my 64, but only used the right (Passenger) one. They had the Valiant chrome holes filled via welds. Changing the Valiant to Barracuda to accommodate the different turn signal requires moving the little piece that goes against the radiator support (I did it on the passenger side and was not a problem). If interested, let me know and I will send pictures.

I have a very nice, clean, left front fender from a 65. I bought a pair of Valiant fenders for restoration on my 64, but only used the right (Passenger) one. They had the Valiant chrome holes filled via welds. Changing the Valiant to Barracuda to accommodate the different turn signal requires moving the little piece that goes against the radiator support (I did it on the passenger side and was not a problem). If interested, let me know and I will send pictures.
Yeah, might be a couple of days before I can see them, I'm off to the MOPARTY!

Not sure where Blues Hill, TN is...but there is a guy on Craigslist in Crossville, TN that advertises early Barracuda stuff for sale. If you're close, it may be worth a look.

Not sure where Blues Hill, TN is...but there is a guy on Craigslist in Crossville, TN that advertises early Barracuda stuff for sale. If you're close, it may be worth a look.
Thanks for the information, I'm on the Highland Rim,a neighbor to Crossville, used to be a district rival in baseball, I might have beamed him.

I'm a long way from you, but I have a 65 Barracuda parts car. PM me if you can't find anything closer.

Got a friend looking for any front body parts for 1965 Plymouth Barracuda, also needs frame connectors.
Not Mine
[FOR SALE] - Barracuda Fender For Sale

Not Mine
If not mistaken these Inner Fenders should fit your 65
[FOR SALE] - 63-64 Dart parts

Mine
Also, I have a complete radiator support from a 65 Barracuda for sale. This is the large V8 opening. Very Solid part that needs a good cleaning that could be done with a wire wheel or blaster.
upload_2022-9-20_8-51-56.jpeg

upload_2022-9-20_8-52-17.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a pair of inner fenders from a '63 Valiant. Super nice rust free condition. Believe them to be the same but unsure. Probably useable but may not be identical. Perhaps someone with more year specific knowledge could help clarify. Offering because once removed they are light enough to ship somewhat reasonably I think. My parts car ad expired but you can still look it up in the Parts Car section to see the car itself if interested.

I have a pair of inner fenders from a '63 Valiant. Super nice rust free condition. Believe them to be the same but unsure. Probably useable but may not be identical. Perhaps someone with more year specific knowledge could help clarify. Offering because once removed they are light enough to ship somewhat reasonably I think. My parts car ad expired but you can still look it up in the Parts Car section to see the car itself if interested.
From what I was told- 64,65, & 66 Valiants & Barracudas are interchangeable.

The fender in the link above is a Valiant only fender. It's a nice fender, but 64-65 Barracuda fenders are different. V shaped upper body line is narrower at the door end on Barracuda fenders.

I disagree with the comment that Valiant and Barracuda fenders are different. The 64-65 fenders are the same... Mopar added a support behind the turn signal/running light along the grill for Barracudas, which can be transferred to a Valiant fender. I just did it without any difficulty on my 64. I have had more than one 64-5 Barracuda, and I guarantee that a cash-poor Mopar Corp in 1964 did not design a new fender for a one-off Barracuda Valiant.

fyi...1964 valiant fenders are not the same as the 1965 Barracuda. They may fit or can be changed in pairs but the body line on a 1964 valiant is much wider than that of a 1965 Barracuda. The 1966 Barracuda is a perfect example of a one year change. Look at images on the internet so you don't have the left side of your car looking different than the right...Not that you can see both sides at the same time. (LOL) The above image is not a Barracuda fender. I hope this helps you sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back