65 Barracuda front fender emblems placement

-

JDMopar

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find specs on where to drill for Barracuda emblems back next to the doors, and also the Commando V8 emblems up beside the headlights? I am swapping out the fenders on my Barracuda and the ones I have are from a 65 Valiant. I've welded up the Valiant trim holes and want to drill for the emblems before I paint....and have nothing to go by. The fenders that are on my car are also former Valiant fenders. The emblems are there, but very obviously in the wrong place. The Barracuda script on existing fenders is down under the V body line instead of up in it. The Commando V8 emblems are kinda sorta in the right place, but I'd rather know for sure. I've searched every way from Sunday here, downloaded a factory service manual and have so far came up with nada, zero, zilch, nyet! :BangHead: If someone has nekkid fenders and could get some measurements that would be great too. I certainly appreciate any help or suggestions.

JD, my '65 fenders are in primer now. Here's a few pics showing the Commando emblem mounting holes. My camera kinda sucks though.

IMG_20231026_121508.jpg

IMG_20231026_121625.jpg

IMG_20231026_121735.jpg

This should help you with the Commando V8 emblem I didn't take any measurements for the Barracuda emblem but if no one else comes up with any I'll get some for you.

emb1.jpg

emb2.jpg

While I was marking up my pics DC 340 also posted. Looks like the distance from the head light bucket is different.

While I was marking up my pics DC 340 also posted. Looks like the distance from the head light bucket is different.

Keith, your holes for the Commando V8 emblem also appear much closer to each other than mine. Are we talking about the same emblem? Here's a picture of my emblems.

IMG_20231026_132219.jpg

Keith, your holes for the Commando V8 emblem also appear much closer to each other than mine. Are we talking about the same emblem? Here's a picture of my emblems.

View attachment 1716158482

Yes those are the emblems. I bought that fender and was told it was from a Commando car as the guy did have those emblems. But now I'm thinking the fender only had a V8 emblem on it.

Thanks so much guys! @DC 340 could you get me a few of the passenger side too for each emblem? Sometime when you get a chance, don't need to do it tonight....lol. I really appreciate the help!

@Keith Mopar Thank you.....and it appears DC 340 may have helped both of us! When you get a chance, could you get pics of the holes for the Barracuda emblems on both sides

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JD - I'm having trouble getting decent photographs of the pass side as I am pinned against a wall when trying to shoot. Here's what I got. Maybe someone else can get you better measures than I. Good luck!

IMG_20231028_161619.jpg

IMG_20231028_161329.jpg

@DC 340 Thank you so much for going above and beyond to get those measurements! I can see the first hole measurement from each end, for both emblems. If I can't figure it out or fake it from there......"I doan need no stinking badges!" , as that dude said in the movie. Thank you again!

-
Back