'65 Barracuda on B.A.T. This should be interesting

-
"Project"... but still didn't expect that series of photos.

Interesting... it's not for everyone

1691684810526.png

Yikes. Not my taste at all, and certainly one-of-one. What kind of fun do you think it will be to get the back window to fit?

Yikes. Not my taste at all, and certainly one-of-one. What kind of fun do you think it will be to get the back window to fit?
That’s what I was wondering. Would love to see the final product if it ever gets there.

Now that I'm "Getting close" with a project i bought in pieces, i would be impressed with someone getting that one done. Boo-kuuu bucks to pay someone to do it, and if you completed with elbow grease, well, mad skillzzzz....

wow... interesting, to be sure. the linear actuated trunk lid is kinda cool. looks like a front flip hood, too.

that be a long hard road to bring to completion, that much is certain.

wonder what it weighs with all the extra metal and all that wire burned in...

It was an S or Commando car judging by the Dash Tach.
Could be just an option or added later.
Shame if it was an S.

It was an S or Commando car judging by the Dash Tach.
Could be just an option or added later.
Shame if it was an S.
looking at the floor/hump photos, do you think it may have been a 4spd at one time as well? i mean, i know that the lack of a clutch pedal belies an AT, but a lot can change. or maybe it's just the work for a 5-series or 42/46 backing up the magnum motor?

but if it was an S 4spd car, that'd be a shame.

Well, someone splurged on a $1 bid, that ought to be comforting to the seller :p
i mean, if you wanna go WIW levels... there's about 10K in suspension and 6K in a motor. throw some coin around for those nice seats, that gauge cluster and the misc bric-a-brac... so maybe it pushes 20K in receipts of stuff not including the bodywork?

might be a deal for somebody looking to scoop parts and part with the body for pennies if the price is optimal.

but those BAT no reserve auctions usually start with somebody throwing $1 out there and then the next one being a little more serious.

Lose the hideous hood vents for sure. Put wheels on it to get a better idea, but I bet it could be a great score/ride.

I bought the car and parts. The Barracuda is a factory Formula S with fender tag, originally automatic on the floor. I'll be using the suspension and engine in my 65 Dart wagon and probably passing the shell on to anyone interested in finishing the project. The seller gave me all the receipts for the project and there was close to 70k into just the bodywork and another 30k or so in parts.

Poor Barracuda. At least it's not an LS swap.

I bought the car and parts. The Barracuda is a factory Formula S with fender tag, originally automatic on the floor. I'll be using the suspension and engine in my 65 Dart wagon and probably passing the shell on to anyone interested in finishing the project. The seller gave me all the receipts for the project and there was close to 70k into just the bodywork and another 30k or so in parts.
I would like to see the finished project if you do. Stock is boring to me

So he sold $100k worth of parts and paid for labor for $5200? You got a great deal on the parts alone, I feel like he would have been better off parting it out.

Seems like I can’t even give the shell away unfortunately. I’ll be sending it off to the metal recycler this week. Fortunately most all the parts that came with it will get put to good use.

-
Back