65 Barracuda power steering pump

-

duelingcudas

Reaction score
The rebuilder was LARES. As someone suggested, does anyone out there have an extra pump to sell? After all this, having a spare or even a rebuildable core may be a good idea. The CARDONE part number is 20-6129 for the '65 V8 Barracuda.

Aloha! I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to PS pumps. Long stories as yours...Napa sent mine in for rebuild...issues from day one...that blew after 35 miles. Ordered a rebuild from Rockauto...works but no assist when parking (Low rpm's) so I need another...Rockauto will do the rebuild for $50 something...but you send it to a third party.

So I'm looking too.

Go to Cardone's website and look at whom sells online...start going through their list till you find a warehouse or seller that has one.

Found one site...ordered it...hour later they emailed back "cancelled order"...not available. They wanted $169 with shipping. (Clark's)

2 hours later found another one (today). $36... including shipping...now when/if I get it...that will tell me if I did good or another failure. (Auto part nerds)

One guy on site is selling a TRW pump (MINT his words) $125. I asked for pics...

Good luck....my whole engine rebuild has been great...biggest issue has been the F'in PS pumps(s).

I'll have to check tomorrow - I might have an extra.

-
Back