65 Barracuda seating

-

65LoveAffair

Whovian
Reaction score
Would it be possible for a 65 Barracuda with a /6 and three speed on the column to have bucket seats, or would it more likely have a bench front seat? I am a :newb: here and am trying to learn everything I can before I get my car. Thanks in advance.

'65 Barracuda never had a bench seat. Bucket seats only. My mother had a '65 Barracuda, 225 /6, 3 on the tree, back in the mid 60's.

I was afraid you were going to say that. While I prefer bucket seats, a bench seat would have given me an excuse not to let my wife drive the car. I'm 6'4" tall, she's only 5'3". She wouldn't be able to get a bench seat far enough forward and still have room for me. Hell, knowing her, she'd just tell me to get in the back seat. But anyway, thanks for the info!

I imagine you could bolt a bench seat from a Valiant or Dart into the car. The floorpan would be the same. Not sure if the holes for the seats would be in the same place or not.

There's a second set of holes on the bucket seat brackets that let you mount the seat in a different position. In my mom's car the seat was mounted in the set of holes that placed the seat farther up & back from the steering wheel & the pedals. She never had any trouble driving it & she was about 5'2" tall. Same for my older sister who's about 5'4" tall. I'm about 5'10" tall. As I recall, if I moved the seat in that car all of the way back I had to use the tip of my toes to push the clutch to the floor. I couldn't drive it that way. You can use whatever excuse you want to keep your wife from driving the car but I think that either type of seat can probably be adjusted to where you could both drive the car. Well, maybe one of you would be more comfortable than the other. :iconbigg:

Thank you again for the info. I really don't think there's going to be any way to keep her from driving the car, aside from handcuffing her to the passenger seat somehow. Hmm... Handcuffs. That brings up other things we could do in the car. How comfy are the back seats??? :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

Double up on the clutch return springs.
That should take care of that problem.

-
Back