65 Cuda shock opinions

-

Hemioutlaw

Make America Great Again!
Reaction score
About to replace the shocks on all 4 corners of my Cuda. It's primarily a street car that still retains all the stock suspension though I plan on upgrading to a larger front sway . 400 hp 4 speed and I want it to handle and hook, being a streeter drag shocks are out. Talked to PST today about their Bilsteins but the salesman I talked to really didn't convince me they were a must have. Doesn't mean their not, just wasn't convinced. Koni hasn't returned my call so I'm also looking at Monroes Sensa-tracs and Gas-matics. Kyb is in the mix too but honestly dunno which to get. Spend more and get more or will I spend more and get essentially the same as the lower priced shocks. Thoughts and personal experiences would be greatly appreciated.

realistically I'd go with either the KYB or the Bilsteins. The others will probably only last 3k miles from what I've read on here. If you have the budget might as well get the top dog shocks and not have to worry about it. That's what I plan on doing around tax season.

-
Back