65 Cuda trans upgrade

-

jimbo

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I upgraded to a 904 with a shift kit and manual valve body and I am looking to get my backup lights working again. I have the harness on and 1 connection to the starter solenoid. Where and what does the other 2 prong connect to? The car is a console auto originally.

The transmissions like this that I've dealt with were later model but they had a switch on the left side of the trans, about even with the middle of the valve body, that the harness plugged into. My 64 manual trans also had a switch in the same general area. I have a 64 FSM but couldn't find any reference to where the switch was on a 64 automatic. Don't know if 64 & 65 are the same but think they would be since they are both cable operated. If I find anything else I'll post it.

the original reverse lamp switch is/was on te shifter (2 purple wires ?)
Anyway.... you can disconnect them under the dash ad extend them long enough to reach the later model "on trans" switch. Just an open or closed so either wire on either post works.

Thanks Redfish, that makes sense. I am starting to get this thing wrapped up finally.

You're welcome. Been there done that myself. Spade terminals from factory harness connecter poked through a rubber plug in the firewall and routed the 2 wires properly to that 3 post switch.
Good luck :)

-
Back