65 CUDA TRIM

-

cudafish65

Reaction score
HELLO, I HAVE A 65 CUDA. THE TRIM IS ALL IN GOOD SHAPE, I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT MATERIAL ITS MADE OUT OF AND IF I CAN GET IT CHROME DIPPED OR JUST POLISH IT UP, THANKS

65 Cuda has a mix of metals...top quarter panel spears are stainless steel, rear window 5 piece trim is pot metal (mix of cheap metals with a low melting point which are difficult to repair but can be re-chromed!), I believe the side door trim is aluminum as well as the rocker panels, front center grill is pot metal...not sure on the wheel well trim, either alum. or stain. steel...hope this helps.

The rockers are stainless, the wheel trim is stainless, the top spears, side window trim, and drip rail trim are also stainless, which can all be polished! The bumpers, taillight housings and grille outer surrounds are all chrome plated and can be polished as well!! As stated above, the center grille is cast aluminum and is hard to polish or chrome plate, and the rear window trim is pot metal, which can be rechromed! Headlight bezels are anodized aluminum, which can be polished if you remove all of the anodization and polish and clear coat the aluminum!

-
Back