Status
Not open for further replies.

moparmat2000

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Contact seller
hi Y'all

i was driving down the loop today coming back from lunch and happened to look to my right and off the freeway in the police impound was a 65 dart 4 door sedan. the city auctions this stuff off periodically. the lucky bidder may be able to get it for cheap cheap. like $300 cheap.

the way it works is that the auctions are held on saturdays, posted in the paper. the wednesday before the auction you are allowed into the yard to look at the cars. if its numbered for the sale it will be auctioned on the saturday.

if you bid and win it, it needs to be payed for and removed SAME DAY. city will provide reciept for you to tow off the car and it be legal to do so.

there is a junk dealer that buys most of the stuff. has a monopoly of sorts on it. mostly buys the late model 10 year old stuff to sell the parts off. this car is too old for him to bid, but he will bid to buy it for scrap weight if he can get it cheap enough. i bid against him for my 74 dart parts car, and got it for $400.

this car looks like a clean grandma fresh west texas car (little to no rust) it would be a shame if it goes into the shredder.

to be blunt i am not interested in this car, either to bid on, buy, and resell or strip out for parts. i got too much on my plate as it is. the car is there, you can contact the city of abilene police department for information on the next auction.

so there it is , its up to you if you want it as a fixer upper or strip out for parts for your dart GT coupe or convertible. concider this a public service announcement.

matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back