65 dart brakes

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
65 dart /6, 904, manual brakes, >>>>all new brake hardware, wheel cylinders, master cylinder ( original type single reservoir), new hydraulic hoses, ( old hoses wouldn't pass any fluid), original steel lines, new fuild, bled all air out, but pedal goes 98% way to floor. seems like normal amount of fluid comin out bleeder when i did it, started at right rear and went normal route. can problem be the old steel lines??? back in my youger more finacially secure days, i always bought new repo lines first thing! now i'm financiaaly challenged OLD FART! LOL

like posted above the shoes need to be adjusted so there is slight drag between the drum and the shoe, also at any point did the master cylinder go dry? it may have to be bled separately from the system

also you did all that work on the brake system and didn't upgrade to the much safer dual reservoir master?

i called myself manually adjusting but perhaps i didn't get them tight enough. i'll check that, no reverse so i can;t use that. i did bleed m c but it did get below the "hole". but never dry. i will try manually adjusting, surely that is problem. thanks for the input.

-
Back