65 Dart door interchange

-

Kern Dog

Build your car to handle.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a 65 Dart 2 door post model with a damaged right door. I could fix it but will likely just use another. This type uses a window frame. Are the 63-66 Dart doors physically the same as the 63-66 Valiant or 64-66 Barracuda? Thanks!

IMG_2715.JPG

Hopefully Me Mike, Tool Man Mike, or 663404spd chimes in. One of them would know,for sure.

The 64-66 Darts should be the same; I suspect the Valiant's would interchange too

I have a 65 Dart 2 door post model with a damaged right door. I could fix it but will likely just use another. This type uses a window frame. Are the 63-66 Dart doors physically the same as the 63-66 Valiant or 64-66 Barracuda? Thanks!

View attachment 1715016391

After thinking about a little, I believe the Dart doors are physically the same; however, I think the latch assembly on the 63 is in a different location than the 64-66. The 64-66 Barracuda doors will probably bolt in; however, they have no window frame.

The body line at the top looks the same. I have several 64-66 doors here for Valiants & Barracudas that are hardtop style. I even have 2 66 Dart doors hardtop style. It is like having a drawer full of forks when soup is being served for dinner.

The Body line at the top and the bottom is the same whether 2 door (hardtop or sedan) or 4 door. This is so they will line up with the fender's upper and lower Body lines. A Complete front clip from any early A will bolt to any other year early A because all the Body lines will line up. Doug Dutra of slant 6 fame did just that by swapping a 64 Dart front clip to a 66 Barracuda- called it the Dacuda!

I probably had a few of these a few years back. I sold off lots of stuff to have the $$$ to buy the Wife a 2015 Challenger R/T.
The doors I had were all Plymouth.

-
Back