65 Dart floor shift tunnel question

-

gadodge

Reaction score
Has anyone used the AMD 67-74 A-Body Four Speed Shifter Tunnel in a earlier A body? If not, where do I find something I can use in a 65 four door Dart I'm converting 3 speed to 4 speed?

Has anybody on here installed the floor shifter hump in a 65 A body? Did you fabracate one or make one for another model work?

Has anybody on here installed the floor shifter hump in a 65 A body? Did you fabracate one or make one for another model work?

I parted out a 65 Dart GT with a 4 speed and saved the hump which is going in my 65 Dart wagon. I don't think a 67-up will fit without a bunch of work as the tunnels are different from the early A's. I'm sure someone who has done the late to early swap will chime in if they see the thread. I know 64-66 fit's perfectly. Also if you find a 66 hump, be advised that the cut-out for the shifter is oval rather than the 64/65's round hole. Hope this helps.

Thanks, that info will be some help to me, as I'm considering flying by the shirt tail to fabricate one myself.

-
Back